Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Monday, December 04, 2006

Sick-ku...

missing hula class
as i sweat and freeze and cough
fuck you, bronchitis
Actually, I DO feel better than I did a couple of days ago, when taking a shower was a major undertaking. I'm still not well, though. And now that the phlegm is loosening its grip on my throat, I'm hacking up a storm. I'm sure my neighbors are loving me right now.
I also have a giant zit growing smack in the middle of my right cheek. Adding insult to injury, I say.
Don't I sound like fun? Don't you want to hang out with me??


Let's change the subject. I got tagged again...

This time, I'm to name my five favorite Christmas songs!

1. "The Christmas Song," particularly Nat King Cole's version. It's not Christmas without it. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.
2. Anything from "A Charlie Brown Christmas." It's my favorite Christmas CD. Love love love it.

3. "I'll Be Home for Christmas." It's sooooo melancholy and wistful -- it is a World War Two-era song, after all -- I can't help but well up every time I hear it. Especially poignant these days...
4. "Winter Wonderland," particularly Johnny Mathis' version. Notice how there's no mention of Christmas in this song? It's really a WINTER song, but you never hear it in January...
5. "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas." Also strikes me as wistful. What's with me and the sad Christmas songs??

I'm embellishing on this one, and naming my five least favorite Christmas songs.

1. "Little Drummer Boy." Pa rum pum pum shut the fuck up, before I shove your drum up your ass. Doesn't exactly put me in a holiday mood.
2. "The Twelve Days of Christmas." The repetition. My god, the repetition. Make. It. Stop.
3. The version of "Jingle Bells" with the barking dogs. Oh my god, shoot me. Also, Barbra Streisand's "jazzy" version of the same song. I can't tell you which one I hate more, really.
4. "Feliz Navidad," unless the Barenaked Ladies are playing it, and then it's just funny. Otherwise, it makes my ears bleed.
5. "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer." It's never been remotely funny. Or amusing. Or even worth a hint of a smile. Bleh. Stoooopid.


What are yours?

15
At 04 December, 2006 19:01, Blogger JMai said...

Oh you had me giggling about the barking Jingle Bells! I think the first time I heard that, I was in the car with my sister, and we could NOT stop laughing about it. We love goofystupid things like that.

I'm sorry you're still sick. I know just how you're feeling and I'm pretty glad I'm not you right now. But you're seeing the light at the end of that sickie tunnel and all will be right with the world soon!

My favourite is O Come All Ye Faithful. I have to say I haven't heard many Christmas songs yet this year (weird, huh?) so I can't remember which others I like or dislike. But yeah.

Oh PS yay first!

 
At 04 December, 2006 19:55, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

I may do this one later on this week, but I must admit that my favorite Holiday song is "A Zit and Some Phlegm and a Ho-Ho-Ho."

Brings a tear to my eye everytime I hear it.

yeharr

 
At 04 December, 2006 20:28, Blogger DZER said...

I'm so stealing this, o queen of phlegm

... does that mean your nationality is phlegmish? heh

 
At 04 December, 2006 20:32, Blogger the shrewness said...

and im sooo with dzer on this one! :)

i hope you feel much much better soon. sending some hugs your way...

 
At 04 December, 2006 21:06, Blogger terry said...

jmai, i see the comment process finally worked for you. yaay!

the barking dogs. aagh. hey, i sound like a barking dog right now ! maybe i should record a christmas song!!

there's a radio station here that's been playing nothing but christmas music since BEFORE thanksgiving...


pirate, you can't make me laugh like that. it brings on massive coughing fits. watch out, or you might get some phlegm in your stocking!


dzer, i'm totally phlegmish. i wish i could say i'm proud to be phlegmish, but i'm just annoyed. and sweaty. when i'm not freezing.

thanks, shrew! send good health vibes.

 
At 04 December, 2006 21:49, Blogger Jon said...

Yet another tag... from me :D

 
At 04 December, 2006 22:04, Blogger cadbury_vw said...

i am so with you on feliz navidad

it was overplayed in the early seventies when i was a kid and has only gotten worse

and the barking song

----

on a better note, i found the coolest electronica/acid jazz christmas album (if you're into that)

A Christmas Chillout

there's also The Reindeer Room Volume II, but i haven't listened to it yet

----

hope you feel better soon

 
At 04 December, 2006 22:13, Blogger Jon said...

BTW... I'll do this when I have time

 
At 05 December, 2006 02:12, Blogger The Savage said...

Ummmm Mucinex.. it'll help a ton with the phlegm...
And yeah... I'd still hang out with yas...

 
At 05 December, 2006 07:20, Blogger Natalia said...

I don't like traditional Xmas music. It makes me sick. Really. And I'm not a grumpy Xmas-hating person. But the music can get to me, especially cause they play it for so long before it's anywhere close to Xmas.

But I hope you feel better, dollface.

-N

 
At 05 December, 2006 09:18, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

You poor thing! I would say that bronchitis is the worst of your problems, but as a grown woman, I say the zit is BAD MOJO. And on your CHEEK? Sheesh. That's torture in my world.

Feel damn better...and I'm not going there with the Christmas songs. I can't stand the Christmas songs unless my sisters are around. *shrugging*

 
At 05 December, 2006 13:57, Blogger terry said...

jon, are you sure you want to tag me? you might catch something...

cad, feliz navidad is soooo frigging annoying. guess i'm just not into songs with that much repetition..
and thanks!

jon again... good! it's time you posted something new!


savage, my friend miss sassyhair turned me on to mucinex during the previous bronchitis season. it definitely helps. and thank you! though the size of this zit might make you change your mind...

nat, that's the thing. too much of a good thing is still TOO MUCH! why do we have to have christmas for months now???

i agree, bg. this zit's just cruel. and ugly. perhaps i'll take a picture of it...

 
At 05 December, 2006 14:01, Blogger The Savage said...

Zits don't scare me....

 
At 05 December, 2006 14:06, Blogger terry said...

this one should...!
i'm trying to capture it in all its glory as we speak...

 
At 05 December, 2006 19:51, Blogger masgblog said...

pa-rum-pa-pum-pum

I just had to do it....seeing as it is not one of your favourites. Hee.

Tonight, while shopping (see blog for more wretched info), I heard the most irritating Christmas song...it was a redone cover of a cover....I don't even know what the song was! But I could hear the ting ting ting of bells continuously throughout the song. Drove me batty AND right out of the store!

cheers!

hope your bronchitis and your zit get better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->