Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Friday, December 01, 2006

One is the loneliest number...

(though it's a two-fer Friday! Two posts today! See below!)

Alka-Seltzer Plus Night Time Cold Medicine and NyQuil Cough (well, the Walgreen's version of it) are a damn fine combination. I got nearly 12 hours of sleep last night. I'm never able to sleep that long when I'm this sick.

And boy, am I sick. I scared the bejeezus out of my co-workers yesterday everytime I spoke. This is their first experience with Bronchial Terry, so they don't know how regularly this occurs. I decided to spare them any more terror today, so here I am, at home...thinking about how I don't have the energy to try to take my giant pile of laundry over to the cleaners to let them wash it, let alone schlep it to the laundromat to do it myself.

The only problem with all the drugs and the sleeping (oh, and maybe the virus, too!) is that I can't focus. So it's time for another meme...

It's the one word meme, stolen from Dzer, who stole it from Madame... (and I actually started this a couple of nights ago).

1. Yourself: Sick

2. Your boyfriend/girlfriend (spouse): Imaginary

3. Your hair: Highlighted

4. Your mother: Far

5. Your father: Missed

6. Your favorite item: iPod

7. Your dream last night: Bizarre

8. Your favorite drink: Cosmo

9. Your dream car: None

10. The room you are in: Dining room

11. Your ex: Gay

12. Your fear: Loneliness

13. What you want to be in 10 years? Happy

14. Who you hung out with last night? Barenakeds

15. What You're Not? Fearless

16. Muffins: Gluten

17. One of your wish list items: Travel

18. Time: Flying

19. The last thing you did: When?

20. What you are wearing: Pajamas

21. Your favorite weather: Cool

22. Your favorite book: Many

23. The last thing you ate: Soup

24. Your life: Busy

25. Your mood: Wary

26. Your best friend: Many (I was going to say lucky, but I mean I'M lucky, not them!)

27. What are you thinking about right now? Laundry

28. Your car: Dirty

29. What are you doing at the moment? Blogging!

30. Your summer: Eventful

31. Your relationship status: Hahahahaha (is that one word?)

32. What is on your TV? Nothing

33. What is the weather like? Cooooold

34. When is the last time you laughed? Recently

9
At 01 December, 2006 14:21, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

Interesting.

Have you ever posted on #11?

That's a story I'd like to hear.

yeharr

 
At 01 December, 2006 14:31, Blogger SignGurl said...

You poor thing. I wish I could send you some homemade chicken noodle soup.

I hope all the drugs have helped you feel a little better.

 
At 01 December, 2006 16:56, Blogger terry said...

pirate, i sure have. if you get the urge to dip into the archives....head back to september 22 of 2005. there's a big chunk of the story there. i also wrote something else in may or june of this year, but i can't remember the date right now...

signgurl, i would love some homemade soup! the drugs are certainly helping me sleep, which is really what i need most, so that's good.

 
At 01 December, 2006 17:00, Blogger terry said...

addendum: pirate, june 3rd and 4th of this year.

 
At 02 December, 2006 08:28, Blogger JMai said...

You cheated on dining room! For shame! And did you really hang out with the barenaked ladies last night? Er, Thursday night?

I like this meme but I am soooo wordy I think it's gonna be a tough one for me!

 
At 02 December, 2006 11:08, Blogger Blondie said...

Except for the sick part, our lives are very similar. Although I cannot confirm that I have a gay ex, but I'm sure I do. :)

 
At 02 December, 2006 13:47, Blogger terry said...

omigod, jmai, you're right! i cheated and didn't even realize!!

see, i'm too wordy for this meme too!

blondie, i'm sure many people do. it's too bad it takes some of us so long to know ourselves.

 
At 02 December, 2006 16:39, Blogger terry said...

oh... jmai, i saw the barenakeds on tuesday night. i just like to say i hung out with them...

 
At 03 December, 2006 10:01, Blogger Wine Girl said...

Hope you are on the mend, love your meme! And of who wouldn't want to hang out with the barenakeds right!!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->