Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Friday, December 08, 2006

Out...of...control...!

I sure hope I get some energy back this weekend, because my apartment is a disaster area.

My dining room is particularly heinous. Look at this.


You can hardly see the table top, there's so much crap on it. Those boxes? Still contain the gajillion bottles of wine I bought when I went wine-tasting last month. I haven't had time to go buy a new wine rack to hold them all. In the foreground, my purse looks like it's vomited giant piles of paper -- catalogues, magazines, bills (ahem). My work bag is also in the foreground, sitting on a chair (that's obscured by the leather jacket I'm too lazy to hang in the closet) and it's stuffed with crap, including five Newsweek magazines I'll probably never get to. That floral thing you see is my hula skirt (or pa'u) that I'm too lazy to put away.



Here it is from another angle. A Macy's bag. The wine section from today's paper. More mail. And those boxes. Another coat hanging from another chair. And holy crap, that armoire I use to store linens (I know. in my dining room. whatever) is so sloppily arranged I can't get the doors to close further.
Jayzus. What a friggin' mess!
I'm hoping that publicizing this spectacle will force me to take action. Awareness is half the battle...

10
At 08 December, 2006 22:29, Blogger Michelle said...

Is it jsut me and my bad eyes....or can anyone else not see the picture?? LOL

COme to MY house girl...then you can see "stuff"!! lol

 
At 09 December, 2006 05:22, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

Suddenly I feel better about my house.

yeharr

 
At 09 December, 2006 08:38, Blogger The Savage said...

My place is much much worse....

 
At 09 December, 2006 08:45, Blogger Michelle said...

Ok...I see them now.....dang girl!!! hehe

 
At 09 December, 2006 12:20, Blogger terry said...

you guys want to come help me with this? i'll make you cocktails...

 
At 09 December, 2006 18:26, Blogger Queen of Cheese said...

I will help you organize!! i love to organize.

Also I would be more than happy to take some of that wine off your hands.

PS dude. you have the biggest closet in the western hemisphere!! maybe you could shove all your crap in there, except the wine which you will give to me. ((these are not the droids you are looking for))

 
At 09 December, 2006 18:31, Blogger terry said...

cheese, i would love to have your organizing assistance!

and i will gladly share good wine with you. that would certainly make the organizing even more entertaining...

keep in mind i already have a fair amount of crap shoved in my closets. what i really need to do is a crap purge. i think that's my new year's resolution. to purge crap each weekend until my closets are organized.

 
At 09 December, 2006 19:28, Blogger Natalia said...

Yaay for forcing yourself to clean by making it public. :) And, really, i'snot half bad. I have seen sooooo much worse.

-N

 
At 09 December, 2006 19:51, Blogger Blondie said...

Seriously, that's not bad. I've seen MUCH MUCH worse. In my own home. Not so much right now, but it gets there often. At least it is just clutter and there's no dead bodies under there or anything...right? ;)

 
At 11 December, 2006 16:12, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

Excellent damn pics! You're not alone! I just cleaned off my dining room table and buffet so I could actually DECORATE for Christmas. Previous to CLEANING the fucking stuff off...hell, I couldn't sit at the table - much less eat!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->