Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

A cry for help...




SEE?


Did you honestly think I was kidding about the gigantinormous thing that has exploded on my cheek?

Be grateful it's a little blurry.



In real life, it actually looks like a big zit with a little zit on top. Deeeelightful.


Be grateful I can't get that much detail here.


And I'm more than a little amused that not only is this the very first photo I'm posting that I've taken with my new (and first!) digital camera, but that it took me about seven tries (actually, several more... I've changed the picture tonight!!) to get the right angle and lighting so you can see the thing that's eating my face.


Okay, so here's my question, since I'm one of the last people on earth to actually get my own damned digital camera: how do I get Blogger to let me post more than one picture per post, AND space them out the way I want? Any time I've chosen the "add more photos" option in the past, I can't lay them out the way I want to, nor can I write around the pics. But most of you DO do that, so there MUST be a way...


Help me before my zit eats what's left of my brain!

12
At 05 December, 2006 15:13, Blogger Wine Girl said...

wish I could help you out there with the camera issue, but I havent figured out how to get a picture up there let alone how to space it out!

Hoping the "thing" on your face doesn't eat your brain, hang in there!

By the way...I am proud of you sticking with it for seven tries to get that picture!!!
You are an inspiration!

 
At 05 December, 2006 15:26, Blogger terry said...

winegirl, i don't know that this should be considered inspirational, but thanks for the props anyway!

 
At 05 December, 2006 16:15, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

OMG. Zit-o-rama.

I say that with love. Holy moly. I LOATHE break-outs. But the ones on the CHEEK...fer cripe's sake! That's against the laws of nature!

As for the pics:
Choose "Center" when you upload. I usually go with "medium." The words will flow around your text without any problem as long as you choose center. Oh yeah, you can upload (I think) five pics at a time. "add pics"

Good luck! Let's see that zit take a hike! Try putting some toothpaste on it before you go to bed tonight.

 
At 05 December, 2006 16:22, Blogger terry said...

buddhagirl, i'm lucky. i don't break out often. and when i do, the zits are smaller. more discreet.

this thing. HOLY CRAPOLA.

i've done toothpaste before, and all it does for me is dry the hell out of the skin around the zit. you know what DOES help? campho phenique. i don't know why.

and THANK YOU for the photo tips! that's just what i needed.

coming soon...pics of my trip to san diego...

 
At 05 December, 2006 16:36, Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

I share your pain with the zit thing. I can't understand why I'm darn near 36 years old and I get more zits now than I did twenty years ago. That and paris Hilton having a literary agent, there's proof that life is unfair, eh?

 
At 05 December, 2006 17:35, Blogger terry said...

heidi, why ARE we getting zits now??? why do i have gray hair AND zits??

it's so wrong.

 
At 06 December, 2006 04:09, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

STAND BACK! THAT THING'S GONNA BLOW!

Honestly, my first thought when I saw that was 'Why is she posting a closeup of her nipple? It's not even Thursday.'

I'll consider offering my admittedly meager experience with photoblogging if you promise to limit your posting of skin eruption macrophotography.

yeharr

 
At 06 December, 2006 06:53, Blogger Natalia said...

I am not good with skin stuff. My father has some skin stuff and so did my grandpa and I seem to have inhereted some weird skin stuff. I have psoriasis, but it doesn't actually flare up ever. I have no clue about your cheek guest... but he needs to GO!

-N

 
At 06 December, 2006 13:41, Blogger Laura said...

well i know how to get multiple pictures up, but I cannot explain it.
What I don't understand is how I can put links in my posts Like to your blog or somethign. Or how I edit my fave links.
Aslo, you are BRave to post a picture of your zit. I would never do that. I have a new one on my cheek as well. God speed with that. additionally, my word verification kida sounds like hun, nevermind: hunvrem.

 
At 06 December, 2006 16:03, Blogger JMai said...

Grrrrrrooooooooooosssssssss

 
At 06 December, 2006 16:59, Blogger terry said...

pirate....stop making me laugh!!! hackhackhackhackhack

actually, that'd be a pretty small nipple, wouldn't you say? ginormous zit, yes. teeny nipple.

i promise not to do post such grossness again.

nat, how nice that the psoriasis doesn't actually flare up! i hear that can be awful.

laura, how come we're both sick AND we both have zits? we're no longer passing germs via your mom! weird...

you should have angela show you how to do links. it's actually pretty easy. if i can do it, anyone can...

jmai, I KNOW! i can't stand it!!

my word verification word: ifcknub. says it all, doncha think? i have an ifcknub on my face!

 
At 08 December, 2006 04:06, Blogger Blondie said...

The pics used to work fine for me, but they've been wonky lately.

I upload pics, then do a "preview" and look to see if the spacing looks OK. If not, I go in and add some spaces. If they upload out of order, I go into html and cut and paste them into the order I want. This sometimes doesn't work though b/c I know NOTHING about html so sometimes I forget to grab a greater-than side or something and blogger freaks out.

Did that thing pop yet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->