Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Something nicer to look at...

So, I was planning to write all about my Thanksgiving trip to SoCal today, but I'm all drowsy and foggy and still coughing... so I'll just post some pics with a few notes and tell you more about the trip one day soon, if my mind ever clears.

(insert obligatory joke about how my mind will never clear.)



Isn't this pretty? It's one of my favorite spots on the planet. It's the La Jolla Cove area. And I always make my friend Cindy take me there when I visit. It's a mandatory part of the agenda. It's a wonder they still let me visit.


Those things on the beach that look like rocks? Are seals that have now taken over this beach, which is, by the way, where I held my 18th birthday party. And an after-prom gathering. Ahh, youth. Anyway. The seals weren't there then, and now, there are plenty of locals who'd like them to be gone. Like there's not enough beach in the area...

That's my good friend Cindy in between her niece Lindzey and her daughter Sierra. Wasn't it nice of me to make them squint for the camera?

The girls. I can't believe they're 16. I can't believe they're driving. And I can't believe they got me hooked on "The OC" while I was there. O.M.G.
(Also, you're seeing these pictures because Lindzey was kind enough to look for the camera cables I'd cleverly left in the trash when I left to come home. Insert another joke about my foggy mind here.)

Cindy, her niece Bri, Bri's hubby Dorsey, Sierra and Lindzey squinting in front of the fountain in Balboa Park, another lovely place to spend an afternoon. I so wanted someone in the group to jump into the fountain, but they're all more mature than I am...

Just a few reasons I'm so thankful.


(and thank you, Buddha Girl, for giving me a clue how to do this!)

11
At 07 December, 2006 14:12, Blogger The Savage said...

Love the pics.... wish I was in em... I so need a vacation.....

 
At 07 December, 2006 15:07, Blogger terry said...

savage, are you taking a vacation anytime soon? i highly recommend it...

 
At 07 December, 2006 16:19, Blogger SignGurl said...

The last picture with Bri's hubby looks like he is a king with his harem. Too funny!

I hope you get well soon. It's gotta suck to be sick for so long.

 
At 07 December, 2006 17:01, Blogger terry said...

signgurl, i think he'd LIKE that idea...!

and thanks. it's actually only been 9 days, but i'm ready to be over this thing. i'm hoping the weekend will do the trick...

 
At 07 December, 2006 17:13, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

*clapping wildly*

I am SO impressed! Well done!

I've seen pictures of those VERY DAMN SEALS before from someone who lives near La Jolla. I freaking LOVE stinky-ass seals!

I'm jealous yet so damn happy for you!

Now...slather yourself in Vick's Vapo-Rub...and sleep! Got that?

 
At 07 December, 2006 17:49, Blogger terry said...

thank YOU, buddha girl! you were right. all i had to do was center them.

duh.

those seals are such fun to watch. and the big battle that's erupted over that teeny beach is also hilarious.

people, you can't fight mother nature. you just can't.

i slept about 11 hours last night (took another sick day from work). WHEN WILL I BE HEALTHY AGAIN??

 
At 07 December, 2006 19:05, Blogger Queen of Cheese said...

were there any BABY seals????

i hope you are better soon. :o).

 
At 07 December, 2006 20:11, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

will your zit be starting its own blog soon?

i just need to know if i'll have to change my links.

yeharr

 
At 07 December, 2006 20:55, Blogger terry said...

thanks, jeannette. and you know you'll have to take the kids to visit the seals one day. and then you can park and watch planes take off and land!

hah.

cheese, i think there WERE some babies in the bunch! or they were just smaller than some of the others. i'm not sure. they're all awfully cute.

and thank you.

pirate...hmm... that's an interesting idea...

 
At 08 December, 2006 04:07, Blogger Blondie said...

I'm so sorry to hear you are still sick! It may be time to hit up ye ole doctor and ask for some antibiotics.

 
At 08 December, 2006 08:20, Blogger Natalia said...

*pic snoopydance* :)

-N

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->