Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Sunday, December 10, 2006

A double-meme Sunday...

(Okay, this is annoying. I was all ready to post this and Blogger ATE IT! So here we go again...)

It feels like such a waste to spend the entire weekend at home doing nothing, but it's what my body's demanding. And I must get healthy -- I'm off to New York in 8 days! I can't be sick then. I WON'T.

And I AM getting better. I'm still foggy and the cough lingers, so it's time for more meme-ing.

I stole this one from Nat, who had really great answers.

1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? "Hey, my giant zit's starting to go away!"

2. How much cash do you have on you? About 30 bucks.

3. What’s a word that rhymes with “DOOR?” Poor? Floor? Snore? Bore? This is too easy...

4. Favorite planet? Saturn. It's those cool rings. I guess I should also say Mercury, since it's my ruling planet.

5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone? This is funny -- it's Jmai! She called me when she was visiting a few weeks back.

6. What is your favorite ringtone on your phone? Because I can never hear the thing ring when it's on a fun ringtone, I just have it set to a loud "ring ring." Boring. But now, I HAVE to hear that phone ring, because of work. Before that, with my old non-work cellphone, I was enjoying some AC/DC.

7. What shirt are you wearing? A pajama top. Light blue, with a splash of little fuschia hearts and white flowers on the front.

8. Do you “label” yourself? I try not to, but I do.

9. Name the brand of the shoes you’re currently wearing? None. I'm wearing socks.

10. Bright or Dark Room? Dark.

11. Why is there always a missing question? Poor copying skills on someone's part?

12. What does your watch look like? It's silver, with a marcasite band. I bought it last year in New York for $12, and I get compliments on it all the time. I love it.

13. What were you doing at midnight last night? Coughing, in bed.

14. What did your last text message you received on your cell say? Um... I can't tell you. It's snarky gossip about my former workplace. I'll go with the one before that, which said, simply, "Pervert."

15. Where is your nearest 7-11? Three blocks away. Funny, because there aren't many in the city.

16. What's a word that you say a lot? Fuck. I say it too much. I can't help it. It just feels good.

17. Who told you he/she loved you last? My mom.

18. Last furry thing you touched? Probably one of Cindy's cats.

19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days? More than I can count. Alka Seltzer Plus Nighttime Cold medicine, NyQuil Cough, Mucinex...

20. How many rolls of film do you need developed? I have a small bag of used disposable cameras that have been sitting around for years. I wonder what's on them...

21. Favorite age you have been so far? Uh... I don't have one yet. I hope I can never identify a "favorite" age, because where do you go from there? I'd like to be happy at all ages.

22. Your worst enemy? Myself.

23. What is your current desktop picture? At home? Dave Matthews. At work? Dave Matthews. At least they're different pictures.

24. What was the last thing you said to someone? "I love you." To my mom.

25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be? I'm going with Nat's answer: A million dollars. I can already fly. It's called a plane.

26. Do you like someone? Many someones! I like lots of people. Do you mean, is there someone I LIKE like? No.

27. The last song you listened to? "Closer," Nine Inch Nails. Just bought it on iTunes. I'm beefing up my iPod for the cross-country flight. And now I'm listening to "Barenaked for the Holidays."

28. What time of day were you born? 9:30 in the morning.

29. Whats your favorite number? 4.

30. Where did you live in 1987? In San Francisco!

31. Are you jealous of anyone? Envious at times, yes. I try to keep the jealousy at bay. The envy, too, but that doesn't always work.

32. Is anyone jealous of you? I doubt it. What's to be jealous of?

33. Where were you when 9/11 happened? On my way to work. When I left the house, we all thought a commuter plane had hit the WTC. By the time I got to work, we knew it was a terrorist attack. Brutal day.

34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money? Get peeved. Look for how I can get my money back.

Hey, why is there no # 35??

36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be? I want one. I just can't decide what I want and where I want it!

37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be? I want to learn to speak Italian because I'm dying to go to Italy.

38. Would you move for the person you loved? I'm not sure. That's a tough one. And I don't see myself falling in love long-distance, so...

39. Are you touchy feely? Yes.

40. What’s your life motto? You never know. And life's too short not to.... (followed by something fun that's probably ill-advised).

41. Name three things that you have on you at all times? I'm assuming we mean when I'm not at home. Keys, cell phone, cash. Even if it's just a few bucks.

42. What’s your favourite town/city? I love New York, but my heart really is in SF.

43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash? Venti soy chai at Starbucks.

44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it? A letter? I have no idea. It's been years. Cards? Last week.

45. Can you change the oil on a car? No. But I can check my oil, and radiator and tires...

46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her? I don't know who to count as my first love. I thought I loved my first serious boyfriend, but now, I don't think I did. I guess my ex-husband was my first love, and last I heard, he was still living in Seattle with his boyfriend.

47. How far back do you know about your ancestry? Not very far. Only a couple of generations.

48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy? Fancy? I guess that means a dress. I'll say October, for a work-related awards dinner.

49. Does anything hurt on your body right now? Yes. Head. Throat. Right heel.

50. Have you been burned by love? Yes. Am I alive??

51. Do you have a crush on any bloggers? Yes.

52. Where would you like to live? I still have a fantasy about living in New York, but it's unlikely I'll leave SF. Unless I have to.

And now, the iTunes meme! You're supposed to put your iPod on shuffle and ask it the following questions. (And I can't remember where I found this, but it was awhile ago...)

"What do you think of me, iTunes?" "Girl," Beck (hey! it knows my gender!)

"Will I have a happy life? "Never You Done That," General Public (really? never?)

"What do my friends really think of me?" "Waiting on the World to Change," John Mayer (hmm. interesting....am I waiting, or do they WANT me to change?)

"Do people secretly lust after me?" "Milkshake," Kelis (this made me laugh. I swear I didn't cheat!)

"How can I make myself happy?" "Christmas is Coming," Vince Guaraldi Trio, from "A Charlie Brown Christmas." (listening to this DOES make me smile)

"What should I do with my life?" "Sugar Will," Dave Matthews Band (this is one of those songs of theirs that can be interpreted a thousand different ways, because the lyrics are kind of obscure. here's the chorus:

"sugar ain't poison
but sugar will kill you
too much of a good thing
maybe not so sweet"

okay. gotcha.)

"Why must life be so full of pain?" "DOA," Foo Fighters (funny.)


"How can I maximize my pleasure during sex?" "Hanging by a Moment," Lifehouse (hmm?)


"Will I ever have children?" "Untitled (How Does it Feel?)," D'Angelo (I'll take this as a no. and I already knew that)


"Will I die happy?" "Missing" Beck (okay, this is disturbing.

"something always takes the place of missing pieces you can take and put together even though you know there's always something missing
something always missing always someone missing."

great.)


"Can you give me some advice?" "Sunday Morning," Maroon Five (incidentally, the only song of theirs I can stand anymore.)


"What do I think happiness is?" "American Baby," Dave Matthews Band (my iPod got the band right, that's for sure.)


"What's my favorite fetish?" "Semi-Charmed Life," Third Eye Blind (no, I've never done meth!)


"How will I be remembered?" "The Idea of You" Dave Matthews Band
(aww. sweet song...

"i fall so hard inside the idea of you
that's why with you can't say what i mean
wanna stay but i believe
god, get me out of here
i fall so hard inside the idea of you...")


Okay, back to my couch...

5
At 10 December, 2006 15:32, Blogger JMai said...

That iTunes meme is weird... but perhaps once I get home and can start using my brand new birthday iPod (yes, I have just joined the Apple generation), then I'll know what you're talking about. But right now it seems really, really weird to me that you can ask your iPod questions.

Am I really the 4th person on your missed calls list? Moreover, how do I get a missed calls list? I only have last calls lists (one in, and one out).

As for #32, don't sell yourself so short, lady.

 
At 10 December, 2006 21:04, Blogger terry said...

jmai, you can't really ask it questions. you just set it to shuffle and see what songs come up. it's kinda like the magic 8 ball. all coincidence, but entertaining to try. especially when appropriate songs pop up.

and yes, you really are the 4th person on that list! took me a second to figure it out, because i didn't recognize the number right away. and my phone gives me a bunch of lists i don't really need..

as for selling myself short, i don't think i am. what i mean there is that i'm just an average goofball stumbling my way through life, and i see nothing that would make anyone jealous.

 
At 11 December, 2006 05:20, Blogger DZER said...

hey ... we had the same answers on "worst enemy" and "last person to say he/she loved you" ... weird!

and you get MAJOR points for using "snarky" in your post ... heh

 
At 11 December, 2006 07:28, Blogger Natalia said...

Yaay i am so glad you did this one!

Um I so totally did not know that your ex-husband had a boyfriend. That is a story unto itself I bet. Have you ever blogged about it? You just said it so casually it made me smile.

And I might steal the ipod one! :)

-N

 
At 11 December, 2006 18:39, Blogger terry said...

dzer, i noticed that too! funny. great minds...

nat, this was a fun one. and your great answers inspired me.

i most certainly have blogged about the ex. if you've got some spare time on your hands, take a trip back into my archives... sept. 22nd, 2005... and june 3rd and 4th of this year.

yay, do the ipod meme!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->