Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Thursday, January 04, 2007

A non-New York picture...

Also, one with ME in it... and I don't hate it! It's a New Year's miracle.

Or something.

It's the amazing Carlos Muffin and me! Carlos, in case you don't know, is the plush-toy-resembling kitty belonging to Her Highness. And he's just as cute in person as he is on the internets. (He's also apparently quite fond of perching on shoulders, as you'll see if you click on that link.... or he just liked having his ass in my face. You be the judge.)


Yes, I was a little drunk in this picture. Why do you ask?? And that red thing on my cheek? A reminder of the epic zit of December. Bleah. Make it go away.

And by request, my New York pashmina haul.

Added to the five pashminas I bought last year. (And doesn't include the ones I bought as gifts.)


And this*... is too good to be true. (Yes, I've ordered one!)

Okay, so here's my question to you: say you have a weird food allergy issue. Say you put your name on a mailing list of other people in your area with the same weird issue. Say these people are planning a dinner in your area in the near future. Do you go? Even if it feels a lot like a blind date, since you don't know any of these people?


*thanks to my good pal kimmy, for sending me the link!

16
At 04 January, 2007 19:48, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

I made it go away. Three seconds on photoshop. The only reason it took so long is because I also adjusted the levels.

And hell yes you go. These aren't strangers. It's a support group.

yeharr

 
At 04 January, 2007 19:56, Blogger terry said...

ahh, yes... photoshop. i need to get me some of that.

is there a "de-shinify" feature, too?

pirate, they're still strangers. there hasn't even been any online interaction. i dunno. i don't feel all that comfortable walking into a social situation where i don't know a single soul.

 
At 04 January, 2007 20:15, Blogger Angela said...

you HAVE to go. that way you can meet more gluten-free weirdos like yourself. :)

is it at a public place? could you get there and then leave if they look too weird??

 
At 04 January, 2007 20:47, Blogger terry said...

hey, who are you calling a weirdo???

oh yeah. i am a weirdo.

yes, it's in a public place. in your neck of the woods, actually...!

 
At 04 January, 2007 22:05, Blogger Michelle said...

That is a great picture of you!!!!

I would go to the dinner.....well maybe...ummm.....not sure....hehe I'ma big help aren't I?? lol

 
At 05 January, 2007 00:38, Blogger Sturdy Girl said...

oh. support groups scare me. I get afraid I'm going to have to support someone and god knows I've done that enough already.

Well, I'd approach it like a blind date. Be ready with an excuse to leave early, make sure you go to a public place, but shave your legs just in case.

 
At 05 January, 2007 04:49, Blogger JMai said...

I can't believe you bought that shirt!

That little Carlos Muffin, he's just so precious. My cat -- you know the one I had for 2 weeks before I had to admit that I couldn't breathe around her -- would do stuff like that. She also used to head-butt me. Weird little cat. She lives with my friend Diane now. Hmmm!

And definitely go to the dinner. Haven't we been talking about new chances to meet people? I mean HELLO. And just think, if you meet your next husband there, you'll have the same dietary needs! Although I do like love monkey's approach.

 
At 05 January, 2007 06:45, Blogger cadbury_vw said...

that is indeed a wonderful picture

if you think of this meeting as a class, and not as a social evening, or as a support group like pirate said above, you should be fine

that way you won't have social expectations. think about and talk about the knowledge exchange you are looking for

also recognise that in all liklihood they have had newcomers before and will be at pains to make you feel welcome

 
At 05 January, 2007 11:36, Blogger Queen of Cheese said...

No pressure though.

But even if all the peeps are total idiots you could
A. Maybe get a good meal
B. Find out about more places where you can get ingredients for future good meals
C. learn about outlets for g-f beer

That is a cute picture of two cute beings.

 
At 05 January, 2007 18:10, Blogger terry said...

chelle, thanks. and yah... that's exactly how i feel about the dinner...! one minute i'm all for it, the next i'm not sure...

love monkey... HAHAHAHA...! that's funny, about shaving my legs.

jmai, of COURSE i bought that shirt! i'm still laughing about that video. it's a classic. did you notice the shirt is on backorder?? i'm not the only weirdo, apparently...

and i'm soooo not even thinking about meeting boys these days, so that's my last concern as i consider going to this dinner.

cad, thank you! and really, this thing IS a social occasion -- not really a support group, per se -- and i find in many social situations, i end up as the initiator, the conversation mover-alonger (because of my fine language skills... heh)... and it can be exhausting.

jeannette, i dunno. as i said, i'm not always so good in situations where i don't know anyone. and sometimes, i don't feel like small talk, either. (i know. hard to believe...!)

cheese, it was all the work of a fine photographer!
and yeah, you make good points about the dinner.
still. i dunno.

 
At 05 January, 2007 18:10, Blogger Blondie said...

I think you should go specifically so you can blog about it.

I LOVE the pic. You are both adorable!

 
At 05 January, 2007 18:31, Blogger terry said...

blondie, that's funny. going for my blog's sake! i love it.

and thank you! it's all in miss cheese's fine photography...

 
At 06 January, 2007 06:50, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

HOLY FUCK ME RUNNING!!!!

I'm buying that shirt!!!!

I'll even model it on my bloggy.

I screamed SO loudly with laughter that I scared my poor Buddha! He was jumping up and down going, "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" My poor son. Scarred for life!

 
At 06 January, 2007 08:07, Blogger Natalia said...

PASHMINAS..I love them and love saying the word Pashhhhhhmina :)

OMG...those people a busted tees are always at the forefront of what's going on!

I loooove it. You have to take a pic with it on and post it.

Yaay drunken pics!

-N

 
At 06 January, 2007 11:49, Blogger terry said...

buddha girl, you always have such a way with words... ! you're too funny.

and hell yes, you have to model it on your blog! maybe you could get one for buddha, too!

nat, pashmina is a great word, isn't it? i love having so many fabulously colorful paaaaashmiiiinas.

and yes, i think you'll see the shirt here once i get it.

 
At 07 January, 2007 12:29, Blogger the shrewness said...

i luuuuuve the scarves!

i was also tempted to purchase every known color when i was in NYC. they were going for $4 each! now i wish i caved.

re: the dinner question, id definitely go. at the least, youve met new people. and they will never order something from the menu youll be allergic to!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->