Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Ultimate random!

Remember when I was whining about the possibility of my entire apartment being repainted? Well, I came home the other night and found brand-new blinds on all my windows.

I thought they were just doing the dining room, but they also did the living room (pictured below) and the kitchen and my bedroom, because one of the women who works for the property management firm became completely obsessed with my window coverings. She was convinced there was something wrong with them, and just couldn't understand that I never pulled them all the way up, because it would be too freaking bright in here -- I mean, who wants to wear sunglasses in their apartment? -- and rarely pulled them all the way down, because I DO like to have some light in here. And to see what's going on outside. She was convinced they were broken.

Okay, fine. Buy me new blinds. So they did.


They still look weird to me, but I don't hate them. They're definitely growing on me.




And the best part? The installers didn't leave a giant mess behind. That's a first.


There's still evidence of that giant zit on my face. It's definitely in its final days, but has turned into this annoying blemish and it's all I can see when I look in the mirror. Bleh. I'm not going to mention my lingering cough, because if I pretend it's not there, it's not there, right? Mind over matter? It probably didn't help that I stayed out late Friday night having cocktails with my friend Patti after we went to the ballet, but that was too fun to skip.

Why is it that this season's only funny episode of Saturday Night Live was last night's, when Justin Timberlake hosted? I nearly wet myself over that "Dick in A Box" video. Pretty weak, though, that they resurrected all the funny bits from his last stint as host. I mean, they were funny again, but come on. Remember when SNL was a groundbreaking, can't-miss show? Now? Meh.

Speaking of can't-miss shows, I have failed in my quest to acquire tickets to see a taping of The Colbert Report while I'm in New York this week. I made my request IN SEPTEMBER! Nada. Zip. Zilch. I wasn't even sure they were taping this week, but it appears they will be, just without me. Waah. He'll miss me, I know it. Sigh.

I finally made it to hula class the other night, for the first time since before I got sick. Holy crap. My stamina's terrible, I coughed more than I'm comfortable with, and I was a little sore the next day. I haven't been sore from hula in awhile. But I was happy to find that I hadn't gotten TOO far behind. See, we're learning a specific dance to a specific chant, and I was convinced I'd missed the final two verses. I'd only missed one, so I only felt completely lame for a little while.

I'm a dirty old woman. I'm finding my trips to buy groceries very entertaining these days because one of the cashiers at my store of choice flirts outrageously with me (and probably all the other female customers, although I've not witnessed that). The thing is? He's IN COLLEGE. He brought up his finals the other day. I felt a little dirty...but that didn't stop me from flirting right back. Ahh, fun.

Speaking of fun, I'm off to New York late tomorrow night, so I won't be around these parts again until after Christmas. I can't even tell you how excited I am about this trip. My mother's only spent one day in New York City, and that was in 1983, so I'm really looking forward to experiencing this with her. And a friend who moved across country earlier this year will be there too, so that will also be fun. Christmastime in New York! Omigod. I'm plotzing.

Have a wonderful and safe holiday!


13
At 18 December, 2006 01:30, Blogger DZER said...

so you were blinds-sided? heh

have a great time being out of Cali ...

 
At 18 December, 2006 07:29, Blogger Natalia said...

I thought the same joke as Deeze... intelligent minds :)
But they look good, T, really.
And hula class...I have to get me some of that.
Have a good time!
-N

 
At 18 December, 2006 07:44, Blogger JMai said...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... there's no place quite like NYC for the holidays. You are going to have such a fantastic time! Colour me jealous!

I have to say, you were a lot older in my head than I found you to be when I got the pleasure of meeting you. You look YOUNG and like you're enjoying your youth. That kid probably thinks you're just a few years out of his range. So you're not a dirty old woman. You're just dirty!

 
At 18 December, 2006 09:53, Blogger Queen of Cheese said...

Have a super fun time in NY!! i would like a light purple scarf please!!! :o)!!!!!!!!!

and medium blue too.

if you can.
If its not too much trouble.

have fun! tell mom hey what up!

 
At 18 December, 2006 15:53, Blogger terry said...

i was blinded, dz!

nat, you should come to my class! i'll teach you all i know to get you up to speed. of course, you might not want ME to teach you...

jmai, i think that just means i'm immature. but i already knew that... !

cheese, you've got it!

 
At 18 December, 2006 17:56, Blogger SignGurl said...

Have a great time, Terry!

 
At 18 December, 2006 18:21, Blogger Laura said...

oh lord, why could u not put me in your suitcase and take me with u!?!?!?!
have fun, buy some knock offs thinking of me!
xoxo
laura

 
At 19 December, 2006 20:12, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

have a safe trip. wave to me when you fly over Western NY

yeharr

 
At 20 December, 2006 07:17, Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

Nice apartment!!

Listen, flirting with the grocery boys is one of life's best silly thrills when you get over 30. Let's not knock it!

Hey Terry, come over my blog before you leave for NYC---I'm throwing a fake Christmas party!!!

 
At 20 December, 2006 16:54, Blogger Jon said...

Have a great time hun. You deserve a great holiday.

So are you going to be doing something unmentionable while in NYC?

 
At 20 December, 2006 21:39, Blogger sassinak said...

dude i'm flirting with the security guard at work... he wants to be a policeman.

i feel evil, and if he makes a move i'll catch it.

;>

go young things, you only live once, who cares how old someone you're attracted to is?

anyway have a blast in nyc babe

 
At 23 December, 2006 07:47, Blogger Sturdy Girl said...

Had my first holiday season trip to NY this year! Enjoy!

 
At 24 December, 2006 12:14, Blogger masgblog said...

nice windows...Merry Christmas!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->