Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Ahh...

That sigh of relief you hear? That's the sound of my car being paid off. I just wrote the last check for my last payment on this car on Sunday.

It will be like getting another pay raise, not having to make this payment every month. I never thought I'd get to this point.

It's also unbelievably nice NOT to feel like I have to juggle my bills each month, determining when to pay which bill -- depending on when payday is -- and which ones could handle partial payments this month or that one, if I was over my budget. Now, I've been able to put everything on auto-pay, and I don't even have to think about whether I'm behind on my cable bill anymore. Because I'm not. I can't be.

Mind you, I'm not debt-free, but I'm closer than I've been in years. I have a couple of pretty small debts (around $1000, give or take) to clear up, and then I'm done. And I have to be sure to be responsible about my spending now, so I can build up a decent chunk of savings and never again be in the financial straits I've been in over the past several years.

Ahh. That's the sound of a huge weight being lifted off my shoulders.

(Of course, I'm probably tempting the fates by writing this. Now my car will die, and/or I will lose my job!)

13
At 09 January, 2007 23:29, Blogger Sturdy Girl said...

congratulations! It's a fantastic feeling to be out of debt.

 
At 09 January, 2007 23:53, Blogger FATSO said...

You'll be FREE to buy more stuff!!!!!!!

WEll done, dear! Wanna pay off mine now???

 
At 10 January, 2007 02:43, Blogger The Savage said...

And think of the wines you could buy....

 
At 10 January, 2007 04:47, Blogger JMai said...

Interesting... you blog just ate my comment. Well hmph! I have mastered the art of copying before hitting "post"

Oh, what a lovely feeling that is. I had that no-car-payment freedom once. Sadly, it's gone, and I fear it will never return.

But congratulations to you! Got my fingers crossed to counteract your potential jinx -s-

 
At 10 January, 2007 06:19, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

As I read this post I screamed 'NOOOOOO!!'

Startled everyone in the office.

You've just bought yourself a new transmission, lady.

yeharr

 
At 10 January, 2007 09:05, Blogger Michelle said...

Congratulations!! That is an awesome to not have a car payment!! Must be a huge relief! :)

 
At 10 January, 2007 09:07, Blogger Average Jane said...

Congrats! It's a great feeling, isn't it?

 
At 10 January, 2007 10:26, Blogger sassinak said...

yeah i paid off my credit card and then got in a car accident... i'm never paying that fucker off again... i'll just carry a minimum of 200 dollar balance forever...

course i have to get it down that low again first...

 
At 10 January, 2007 12:42, Blogger Natalia said...

Oh I soooo feel you. When I paid off my car I felt at peace. Well, at least for a second or two because at the same time I was also entering a contract to pay close to 200K. So, yeah. Not that long of a serene pause. But I am happy for you!

 
At 10 January, 2007 13:09, Blogger cadbury_vw said...

i'm waiting for june to see the end of my car payments as well

i feel your pain (past tense on pain)

i anticipate feeling your relief

 
At 10 January, 2007 14:06, Blogger SignGurl said...

I could actually feel the weight lifting off your shoulders. I'm so happy for you!

 
At 10 January, 2007 17:20, Blogger Blondie said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats! (doing little dance that you can't see, but can you FEEL IT??)

:)

 
At 10 January, 2007 19:23, Blogger terry said...

thanks, y'all, for all your kind thoughts.

and pirate, i was hoping that acknowledging the jinx would counteract it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->