Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaandom!

- Three. That is exactly how many responses I've gotten so far in my latest little foray back into online dating. Am I surprised? No. It's typical. And the last time I did this, I was under 40. I'm guessing there aren't too many fellas using search terms like "chubby" (albeit fabulous) and "over 40" in their search for their dream girl.

- Can this asshat of a president ever give a speech without mentioning 9/11? Just once? Gah, he even put me to sleep for a few minutes there. It's like listening to an adult in a Charlie Brown cartoon. And what does Nancy Pelosi have in her mouth? Is something stuck in her teeth? Can someone get her a toothpick?

- I wore my fabulous new t-shirt to hula class last night, and no one got it. Or if they did, they didn't say anything. Apparently, I'm the only major pop culture dork in my class. I'm truly surprised by that.

- Have you ever been so hungry you thought you were going to die if you didn't eat something ASAP? That's how I felt after I got home from work today. I couldn't make dinner fast enough. And there's no explanation for it -- I had a normal lunch. I am, however, wiped out as I usually am on Tuesdays (that late hula class makes it virtually impossible for me to fall asleep before midnight on Mondays) and also PMSing. That would also explain the extreme chocolate cravings.

- I had something else I wanted to write about but I just wrote the word "chocolate" and now I'm distracted.

- Is it wrong to admit I'm already ready for the weekend?

11
At 23 January, 2007 19:14, Blogger masgblog said...

chocolate - did I read chocolate? There ought to be a food group just for chocolate, I think.

 
At 23 January, 2007 19:45, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

At the store today I saw chocolate bubblegum.

I almost bought it.

Then I thought: if it's bad, I wasted my money.

If it's good, then there's a good chance that I'll end up cramming the entire package into my mouth by the end of the day.

I bought M&M's instead.

yeharr

 
At 23 January, 2007 20:05, Blogger terry said...

masg, i'm SO with you on that.

pirate, you are a wise man indeed. you can never go wrong with m&ms.

 
At 23 January, 2007 22:42, Blogger Jon said...

Terry, I think the only way to work the on-line thing is to make the first moves. Not easy I am sure, but you have to weed through the shit to get to the good stuff.

I know it's not easy :D

 
At 23 January, 2007 22:52, Blogger Sturdy Girl said...

A girl I work with took great pride in announcing (daily) how successful her Match.com search was going. I think you're a lot healthier. (did I just say healthier?) You just reminded me that I forgot to each my peppermint patties...and they are in my desk at work. I guess I can't call in sick tomorrow after all now....

 
At 24 January, 2007 04:58, Blogger Blondie said...

For some reason, I thought yesterday was Friday and was horrified when I woke up today and it was WEDNESDAY! I'm not sure what's up with that.

 
At 24 January, 2007 07:40, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

I hate that no one got your tshirt. That's a sacrilege. Honest!

I'm craving popcorn like a bad crak whore right now. I just emailed one of the school's secretaries and asked her to find me a bag to microwave. I know cravings. I also know to never deny 'em!

I didn't watch the idiot last night. Nothing he says means anything more than the wahhh wah wahwahhh wahhh...of that teacher on Charlie Brown.

 
At 24 January, 2007 14:26, Blogger SignGurl said...

I hear you on the PMSing. I was about to stuff my face when I stopped myself (thank God!) and realized that it was my hormones talking.

Maybe people were afraid to approach you about your shirt. I would have laughed my ass off if I had seen it.

 
At 24 January, 2007 14:55, Blogger The Savage said...

I'm ready for the weekend too.... twice...

 
At 24 January, 2007 18:09, Blogger terry said...

jon, jon, jon... i've made the first move many times... online and off. doesn't seem to work for me. because as much as y'all say you like it when women make the first move, many of you really don't. or something.

i refer you back to this post as a reminder:

http://queenofthedorks.blogspot.com/2006/04/at-least-its-not-monday-anymore.html

love monkey, that's the thing -- i i know many women simply get bombarded online, especially right after they've signed up. and when i was under the all-important "40" mark, i definitely got a few more nibbles than i am now.

mind you, i'm not upset... just... i don't know. disgusted? puzzled? feh.

blondie, i HATE when that happens...! makes the week seem even longer.

buddhagirl, i couldn't believe it! that video's gotten millions upon millions of viewings and no one in my class saw it?? what are the odds?

mmm. popcorn...

little sis, you know, they say snickers really satisfies. more than online dating, i'm sure...

signgurl, yay for your brain beating out your hormones! that's a tough battle.

savage, i'm with ya...

 
At 29 January, 2007 15:54, Blogger Miss Awesome said...

I tried online dating before (I met my boyfriend there and refuse to give him up now since that means I'd have to try again). I found that if you don't say much in your profile and post lots of pictures of yourself in a skirt, you get many more responses... that's a kind of depressing realization. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->