Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Friday, January 19, 2007

Par for the course...

Yes, opening the door again to online dating was SUCH a grand idea!

Hello Dearest one, i am....from Ghana, i am 25 years of age and a musician. i am am about 5'6 ft tall long black hair. I am writing to you because of the highest interest that i had in you.i look through your profile and read everything about you, i am very loving, sincere, honest and loving guy that you can trust. i am humble and kind to every one because in this world human being only end in the earth when u are dead, am saying this because some of the women r rude and hash when u write to them, i hope u r not going to do like that.may be you cant see my picture there because i just registered this site to find my loved one here and God been so good i found you. wel i will always use a camara for you to see me live if any time we may chat and i am ready to show my seriouseness and how i am to you, you are never going to regret of having me. please in the lords name reply me now in ,y mail rather so that we can chat from there and know each other. plz i will love to hear from you now bye and take care of ur self for me, i will be waiting fr you. bye lets i forget,, u are really beautifull,,,,,,

Gotta hate those women who are rude and hash.
Oh, wait. I guess this makes me one of them.

15
At 20 January, 2007 05:25, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

Almost speechless.

Almost.

What the fuck? Is that a billboard for, "I want a green card and an American wife until I can retain some American citizenship" or what?

I will now invoke my Man-finding Powers in your name. However, don't you ever stop the online dating thing. My giggle might stop forever if you did that!

 
At 20 January, 2007 05:53, Blogger JMai said...

Lol @ BG. Come ON, Terry... you knew you were going to get at least a few of those scary I-barely-speak-English-and-I-probably-don't-have-a-job-but-you-aer-so-beuty-pls-I-want-to-meet-you emails! It's been nearly a year since I was on one of those sites and looking at that email still gave me the creeps!

I always figured if I just ignored them, then I wasn't being mean. But I think it's kinda ok to be rude and hash on dating sites.

 
At 20 January, 2007 09:37, Blogger The Savage said...

I try and avoid webdating myself but every now and then.....

 
At 20 January, 2007 10:47, Blogger terry said...

buddhagirl, it's pathetic, ain't it? and i got a good laugh out of it.

but trust me -- nearly all the responses i'll get will be like this and i will pull the plug again. i'm just not investing myself in the process as i have in the past.

jmai, aren't you glad you're not on these sites anymore??

savage, why didn't you say that was you?!

 
At 20 January, 2007 10:59, Blogger Shannon Morgan said...

It's interesting that his English seems poor, yet he's well-versed in IM lingo/abbreviations! :)

 
At 20 January, 2007 11:32, Blogger Diva M. said...

Classic. That's all I can say. Classic.

 
At 21 January, 2007 06:23, Blogger Sturdy Girl said...

yeah!

so you're gonna date him, right?

 
At 21 January, 2007 07:06, Blogger Blondie said...

OMG--seriously?? You should try eharmony. It's way more controlled and will keep you from getting crap like that. When I'm ready to date again, I'm going to try it again. Just a thought.

 
At 21 January, 2007 08:19, Blogger SignGurl said...

Yet another reason to be thankful I'm married.

I love that he thinks he's humble.

 
At 21 January, 2007 10:00, Blogger terry said...

nomadshan, that's an excellent observation. i hadn't even noticed that!

sassy, i know. it's just too... i don't know. perfect.

love monkey, yes, i'll be replying right away! i can't wait to meet this guy who has the highest interest in me.

blondie, i've thought about eharmony... but i have a really hard time with the fact that it was founded and run by christian fundmentalists who would surely deem me a heathen.

signgurl, give mr. sign an extra hug from me today!

 
At 21 January, 2007 10:53, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

You know, just the other day I was thinking that in this world human being only end in the earth when u are dead.

What a coincidence.


Yeharr

 
At 21 January, 2007 13:53, Blogger sassinak said...

pirate? ^5 *snicker*

damm dude, this is why i checked out of online dating sometime last year...

 
At 21 January, 2007 16:12, Blogger terry said...

pirate, great minds think alike! please now in the lords name reply me now.

sass, i suspect i'll be checking out again soon myself!

 
At 22 January, 2007 13:10, Blogger cadbury_vw said...

hmmmm

my experience was much better

the service i used (cupid.com) had this set-up where you could limit your geographic availability and would turf people who were trying to hit on you from outside your region

of course, i'm male

i set up a female profile to check out my competition. and even though my female profile specifically said "I am just looking and don't want any contacts right now" i was still inundated (well, 12 contacts) in the first 2 days before i pulled the plug on the profile.

 
At 23 January, 2007 05:06, Blogger Blondie said...

I heard the rumors about the Christian thing, but they didn't seem to care that I was a smoking, drinking, two-cat owning redhead. I think that puts me right up there with Satan, don't you? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->