Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

More challenging than most...

At least it was for me. Masg got me again... and now my brain hurts!

1. If you had to choose one vice in exclusion of all others what would it be? Chocolate. Gotta have the chocolate. But I also loves me some wine...

2. If you could change one specific thing about the world what would it be? I would depose our current president, for starters.

3. Name the cartoon character you identify with the most. I've been wracking my brain over this one, and I've got nothing. I don't identify with any cartoon character. Cartman?

4. If you could live one day in your life over again which one would it be? This is a toughie. I've been lucky to have many really great days....so I'll go negative: my wedding day, so I could change the outcome. And NOT walk down that aisle.

5. If you could go back in history and spend a day with one person who would it be? My father.

6. What is the one thing you lost, sold or threw away that you wish you could have back? Uhh... I've lost a couple of pieces of jewelry I really liked, but they didn't have any sentimental value.

7. What is your one most important contribution to this world? I have no idea. I don't know that this is for me to say.

8. What is your one hidden talent that nearly no one knows about? Ummm...uummmmm.... I can't think of one. I don't have one, I guess.

9. What is your most cherished possession? My integrity.

10. What one person influenced your life the most when growing up? I was lucky to have many mentors who cared enough to help guide me through my youth, which was especially key after my father died. I can't name just one.

11. What one word describes you better than any other? One word? Really? Okay... GOOFY.


Why goofy? Because despite my better judgment, I've dipped my toe into the online dating waters again, after a five-year hiatus. Already, I'm less than thrilled by the response. One guy is seeking an 18-35 year old AND defines himself as "ultra conservative."

Another is very into camping and fishing and wakeboarding and other outdoorsy activities. Think he'd like to accompany me to my weekly manicure? Just ask my friend Kim about my one and only "camping" trip. (I'm snorting just thinking about it.)

Oy. What have I done?

Edited to add: Kim's musical recollection of that "camping" trip, when we were 18. Well, when I was 18. She wasn't yet 18:

"memories. like the corners of my mind. misty watercolored meeeeemories of how we ate like we were nevergoing to see food agaaaaain."

Snortalicious!

10
At 16 January, 2007 19:20, Blogger JMai said...

Ya gotta kiss a lot of frogs to find your prince....

And as for cartoon character, what about Cathy?

I have to say, I don't like this meme as much as the others. The questions are too extreme, and like you said yourself, it asks some questions that maybe aren't meant to be answered by us ourselves. Still, gold star for the effort! -smacks one on your forehead-

 
At 16 January, 2007 19:26, Blogger terry said...

frogs... oy. jmai, let's just say i have low expectations. and i'm not investing myself in the experience this time around. this is kind of a, "i wonder what would happen if..." thing.

cathy? no. okay, maybe on occasion, but mostly i find her really annoying.

thanks for the gold star!

 
At 17 January, 2007 04:40, Blogger Blondie said...

Oooh--online dating. I'm going to be very interested in how this goes. Right after the ex and I broke up, I signed up for eharmony. It was a failed mission because I was SO not ready (denial thing), but I liked the process. It seemed less painful than some of the other options. Be sure to give lots of details (until your dates find the blog).

 
At 17 January, 2007 06:26, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

It's hard to have a hidden talent when you blog your secrets away. However: how many folks outside greater Blogistan know that you hula?

I've given up on the online dating thing, too. Offline dating hasn't gone too well, either. Actually, I've just decided to let that whole dating field lie fallow for a while.

Too bad you're three time zones away.

yeharr

 
At 17 January, 2007 11:42, Blogger terry said...

blondie, i gotta say... i don't have much faith in the online thing, but hell... you never know.
and i know what you mean about being ready.

pirate, i've left both online and offline fields fallow for quite some time, too. i don't know what made me think this was a good idea...!

and why don't you move west? huh?

 
At 17 January, 2007 13:20, Blogger SignGurl said...

Hmmm...I don't know if changing your wedding day would help. Don't you think that the experience has helped make you a stonger person?

 
At 17 January, 2007 14:08, Blogger terry said...

signgurl...maybe... but mostly, that whole relationship feels like an enormous waste of many years of my life...

 
At 17 January, 2007 18:10, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

Lawdy! I do NOT commune with nature. No camping! No no no!

That meme thing is tough! I don't know how I'd answer the bulk of them.

 
At 17 January, 2007 21:12, Blogger terry said...

buddhagirl, i'm not much of a nature girl either. i like nature just fine. i also like indoor plumbing and real beds.

that WAS a tough meme!

 
At 18 January, 2007 10:37, Blogger masgblog said...

goofy is okay....no?

good list and thx for doing it. I know it takes thought and patience sometimes, but it's always good for the brain....cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->