Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Sunday, January 28, 2007

My iPod must be female...

...because she can't stop choosing John Mayer songs, while set on "shuffle." She's also a little hung up on the Dave Matthews Band (much like her owner).

(And if it's not female, I may have made a big mistake in buying a sparkly carrying case for it...)

I mean, yeah... I have several songs by both artists on my iPod, but there's a ton of other stuff on it too. I can't tell you how many times on my walks this weekend that I had to nudge her along to other tunes by other artists. I've even forgotten about some of the stuff I have on there because she has her favorites (I DID download that Rilo Kiley song I love so much! And hey! Keane!). She just doesn't shuffle very well.

The other thing I noticed while attempting to get my heart rate up this weekend: there are lots of people around here who have yet to take down their Christmas decorations. I even saw a tree, still fully decked out, in one house. Hi, fire hazard much??

What is the point of this post? I'm stalling. I don't want to clean my bathroom. I hope you don't feel used.


Song lyric of the day, which actually made me chuckle:

I know I'm alone
If I'm with or without you
But just being around you
Offers me another form of relief

-- Rilo Kiley, "Portions for Foxes"

13
At 28 January, 2007 18:48, Blogger The Savage said...

Yes. Yes, I do feel used.. but thats okay.. I like it....

Your Ipod and my Windows Media Player must be related... My player seems to focus on Johhny Cash or Bach.... Toccata in D Minor is great but not quite the follow up one would tend to associate with Folsom Prison Blues

 
At 28 January, 2007 18:57, Blogger terry said...

ahh, savage, but i LOVE eclectic mixes like that.

that's partly why i want my ipod to pick some OTHER artists more often!

i just took most of the john mayer off. i really don't need to hear him as much as my ipod seems to think i do.

 
At 28 January, 2007 23:57, Blogger Sturdy Girl said...

There's this house - the xmas tree(s) yes, plural stay up all year and are lit every night. Yeah, they're fake so there's no fire hazard but theres the ok I'm a little crazy hazard, no?

I had to clean my bathroom today too. I really hate that.

 
At 29 January, 2007 04:50, Blogger Blondie said...

I decided not to clean this weekend. I gave myself the weekend off. I liked it. Now I'll have to do extra cleaning next weekend though, but that is OK.

I see this one house every day that is still decked out in full-blown Christmas lights. Perhaps I will leave them a note...

 
At 29 January, 2007 05:06, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

Use me! Use me!

I love that your iPod's on your 'team.' Funny stuff!

And that lyric quote...whoa.

 
At 29 January, 2007 07:15, Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

You can use me for bathroom cleaning procrastination any day. I didn't clean this weekend either but I got about six chapters rewritten. And I blew my nose a lot.

I'd like an Ipod that shows me lots of pictures of John Mayer. He's all dreamy and stuff...

 
At 29 January, 2007 09:32, Blogger Natalia said...

I am sick. I can't clean. But I am working from home.

And those lyrics are confusing. My brain hurts.

-N

 
At 29 January, 2007 11:58, Blogger cadbury_vw said...

well, living where you live, it could be a cross dressing ipod

then it would still like John Mayer songs and the sparkly case you bought for it

 
At 29 January, 2007 21:56, Blogger sassinak said...

i understand those lyrics... there's a man i still feel that way about. just because i know at least one exists.

and darlin? i love being used

 
At 30 January, 2007 08:18, Blogger SignGurl said...

I want a sparkly case for my MP3 player. (I'm not cool enought to have an iPod.)

 
At 30 January, 2007 10:26, Blogger Foofa said...

iPods seem to have their favorites. Mine was stuck in a Beatles/Ani DiFranco phase for a while (I have a lot of both) and now it is on to Dirty South Hip-Hop and Hardcore Punk (which I don't have nearly as much of). Who knew?

 
At 30 January, 2007 15:30, Blogger JMai said...

My stupid iPod does the same thing. It seems it's often stuck on No Doubt. Which is really weird. I have such little free time, so I've been preparing my iPod meme a little at a time, and listening to shuffle in-between. I think it's helping my meme to be less "favouritist"

 
At 31 January, 2007 12:17, Blogger masgblog said...

I'm with you on Dave Matthews. I can have other music on my iPod, but I always end up playing DM.

As for cases, well, I finally bought a protective skin, purple, that I really really like (especially now that it doesn't slip out of the case like the first one that I mistakenly bought).

Ballet rules!

Hope your dating thingy improves.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->