Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Monday, August 13, 2007

Ha ina mai ka puana...*

Hey, remember when I said I was finally going to tell you about my trip to New York? You know, that trip I took, uh, TWO MONTHS ago? (Jeez. Time flies.)

Yeah. That has to wait for another day. It's late and I need to go to bed. Maybe tomorrow.

Instead, I'll tell you about my next trip. Yes, lucky girl that I am, I have another trip planned in a matter of weeks.

The best part? The accomodations? Are free.

I'm going to Hawaii ! Alooooha!

Waikiki, to be specific. Not the the most marvy spot in the islands, considering how city-fied it is, but it's still Hawaii. And I had a grand time during my last trip there.

And did I mention the free accomodations? How can one say 'a'ole** to a free place to stay, right near a really nice part of the beach? Right next to the hotel where I stayed during my last visit??

It's good to know generous people who have condos in cool places.

And my friend Miss Sassyhair is my travel partner! Her mom lives in Honolulu now, so she'll get to spend time with her mother, and I'll get to spend time communing with the beach and the ocean. And viewing as much hula as I can find. (I told her she doesn't have to join me in this obsession of mine... I would be a bad student if I didn't make a pilgrimage of sorts...)



*google it and see if you can discern the context
** this one's easier. i'll bet you can figure it out without google

7
At 14 August, 2007 04:00, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

And Hakuna Matata to you, too!

Yay Hawaii! Yay you! Glad you're missing Flossie, too.

Are you planning on doing any hula on the big island?

yeharr

 
At 14 August, 2007 06:24, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

OMG. I am so jealous and happy at the very same time!

I love it when things work out for people I like!

I can't wait to hear you regale us with hula stories and perhaps show us some action shots when you return!

 
At 15 August, 2007 09:42, Blogger Queen of Cheese said...

hooray!!

lucky you are going to have FUN.

 
At 16 August, 2007 05:14, Blogger Blondie said...

YEAH!! And they also have lovely orchids all over the place in Hawaii, so be sure to enjoy those, too. You are going to have a wonderful time. WHEEE!

 
At 16 August, 2007 07:56, Blogger Natalia said...

OMG. So awesome. Very happy for you. That's a place in the US I want to visit. That and the pacific northwest.

We expect loads of pics.

-N

 
At 17 August, 2007 11:15, Blogger masgblog said...

I have a little something for you....at my palce..

 
At 17 August, 2007 19:13, Blogger masgblog said...

Hawaii is my dream place...I will go there one day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->