Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Sunday, July 08, 2007

An open letter...

... to those who produce/direct/shoot live concerts for television:

Why, why, WHY do you ALL insist on so many crowd shots?

I know what a crowd at a concert looks like. As a matter of fact, I've been part of a concert crowd. Many times.

I'm not tuning into your damned show to see the fucking crowd.

KEEP THE CAMERAS ON THE PERFORMERS, PLEASE.

Especially when they're as yummy as my Dave.

Especially when his band is playing one of my favorite songs. (Especially when something is wrong with his guitar and he starts playing air guitar instead. Omigod. How funny is that??)





That is all.


Signed,

A Dorky Music Lover

5
At 09 July, 2007 06:17, Blogger DZER said...

I think it's to prove people were watching? heh

 
At 09 July, 2007 09:12, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

As a man who has directed more than a hundred live events, I so very much agree with you.

I mean, when you're at the concert, that's what you're looking at, right?

Between songs is one thing, but during? Hell no!

Problem is, it's now SOP at these events to bring in 30' jib arms, and wire-controlled remote flying cameras and wow they're soo cool, lookit all these cool angles we can show, so let's use them a lot!

The other thing is that it's not always the directors fault. I actually got yelled at once, during a broadcast, by an executive producer because I had stayed on a shot too long. I hand't, but she was writing the check, so guess what I did?

yeharr

 
At 09 July, 2007 17:21, Blogger terry said...

dzer, i guess. i still don't care. SHOW ME DAVE!

pirate, i knew you'd have the insider's perspective on this.

and i'm okay with all the bells and whistles... but aim them all at the stage, fer chrissakes. i don't care how cute the girls in the front are. SHOW ME DAVE!

 
At 09 July, 2007 19:20, Blogger Bunny said...

I think it's so people there think that their mom will see them on TV.

I agree: Show me the Dave!! (Did you see him on House? He made closed head injury look good.)

 
At 09 July, 2007 22:46, Blogger terry said...

bunny, maybe that's it. damn, it's annoying!

i DID see him on "house" and giggled the whole time. it was just so funny watching him act in a serious role.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->