Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Friday, June 22, 2007

Not only have I not had time to blog...

I can't even keep control of my home. Behold my dining room, victim of Tornado Terry:
  • My poor dining room table. It's underused for its true purpose (okay, I do dig out a spot for breakfast, but that's it) and is used mainly as crap holder.
  • You can't really tell from this angle, but it's worse than it looks (hard to believe!) because that blue thing on the left there is concealing an even messier pile o'crap.
  • I post this to shame myself into doing something about this disaster over the weekend.
(and yes... I'll finally take steps to get some cleaning help in the very near future, but no housekeeper could sort through all of this craaaaaap. the crap's got to move first! )

11
At 23 June, 2007 00:38, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL... Good luck.. maybe thats what I need to do with my desk! Take pics...

actually I have to clean it tomorrow because im fairly certain there is work I need in this pile of shit to complete my sisters work for the month... *sigh* It been here since last month.

 
At 23 June, 2007 08:49, Blogger Natalia said...

I have been making time to clean up after myself. I am so busy that it's easy to come in a throw stuff around. But then I discovered I hate coming in to a tornado. And for whatever reason, I have been finding I get a second wind late at night and go into cleaning mode. Of course shaming yourself into it also works! :)

-N

 
At 23 June, 2007 20:00, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

Carumba, sister. I gotta give ya props for showing that stash of shit on the table. It looks like the desk in my office. I don't even have a CHAIR at that particular desk. Thank God I sit at ANOTHER one in the same room.

I'm a shit piler as well. I feel your pain. I expect an 'after' shot so I can live vicariously through you.

Good luck with the cleaning help. I know my sis loves her cleaning chick who comes and does the big cleaning and changes all of the beds/washes sheets/etc.

 
At 24 June, 2007 19:50, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

Tell you what--I'll help you get that wine out of there. One bottle at a time.

yeharr

 
At 25 June, 2007 07:16, Blogger sassinak said...

*grmbl*

stoopid blogger ate my comment!

you know the great benefit of working from home is that i HAVE to stay neat!

 
At 25 June, 2007 19:54, Blogger Queen of Cheese said...

Hey i see the books i returned to you a couple of weeks ago are sitting in the front of the table - ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Maybe your closet is too big which gives you false confidence in how much stuff you can acquire and you need a smaller apartment and you and I should just go ahead and trade??

 
At 26 June, 2007 10:21, Blogger cadbury_vw said...

i know that dining room pile only too well

hope you crawl out from under soon

 
At 26 June, 2007 19:45, Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

Hey! Nice china cabinet!!

 
At 26 June, 2007 20:13, Blogger Foofa said...

compared to my place it looks good. I SO need a cleaning lady. Or a cleaning man, or robot, or alien. Anything really will do.

 
At 26 June, 2007 20:55, Blogger terry said...

chrissie, sadly.. the pic didn't work. i still have a mess on my hands...

nat, that's so smart. sometimes i'm really good about keeping things neat all the time. but then... sometimes... i get laaaazy. and then busy.

buddhagirl, i hope to have an "after" shot SOON! i hate this!

pirate, sure! come on out and i'll be more than happy to share.

cheese, hahahahaa. yeah, the books are exactly where i put them that night!!

and you don't really want to give up your lovely pad, do you??

cad, so do i!

heidi, thanks! that's my favorite piece of furniture, actually. i love it.

nat, thanks for sharing your pain. and i like the idea of a cleaning alien...

 
At 29 June, 2007 05:00, Blogger Blondie said...

Hahaha. I'm always so happy to see other people having piles of stuff around, too. Yeah!

But I do remember your table looking like this once before and then there was a beautiful "after" picture of it all cleaned up, so you'll do it eventually.

But I won't. Tee hee. blink blink (looks innocent)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->