Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

And now for something completely different...

... a not-so-pleasant tale from hula class.

There I was, stretching before class, marveling at how stretchy I was, feeling a little zen-like, getting my mind in touch with my body and into a dance-y place... when I noticed a bug atop my sock*.

I swiped at it, thinking it would just fly away.

Instead, I ended up with a smear of blood on my sock.

At first, I thought it was bug guts... and then I realized...

BLLEEEAGH! It was MY blood! It was feeding on me! (Don't know what it was. Didn't look at all like a mosquito, which is my most common predator...)

And now, that mofo's bite itches like a sonofabitch.

Fucking fucker.


*yeah, we're supposed to dance barefoot... but the floor on which we dance -- in an elementary school auditorium/multi-purpose room -- is filthy, freezing, and my feet stick to it. hence, the sockage.

14
At 11 July, 2007 03:25, Blogger The Savage said...

I haven't the foggiest what it could be... but it seemed to have a foot fetish...
Death to the foot fetish bugs!

 
At 11 July, 2007 13:14, Blogger Queen of Cheese said...

That's pretty yucky.

I hope you are giving your poor little foot lots of love. It's probably still scared.

 
At 11 July, 2007 14:06, Blogger sassinak said...

ew that's really icky

i don't mind bugs but it does but me when unknown things eat me... always makes me wonder what they're carrying...

 
At 11 July, 2007 15:05, Blogger terry said...

savage, eeeeuw. foot fetishes puzzle me... but nasty bugs with them puzzle me ever more!

cheese, it IS yucky. and my foot's still in trauma. itching like crazy. nice red mark on it, too. GRAND.

sass, exactly! so yucky.

 
At 12 July, 2007 06:34, Blogger Natalia said...

I just threw up a little.

-N

 
At 12 July, 2007 14:13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ewww... I hate bugs, and bug that suck yer blood are ickier than most!

 
At 13 July, 2007 05:09, Blogger Blondie said...

Oh dear. I scratched my ankle apart from what I think was a bug bite. I ended up on antibiotics for it a few weeks ago. Be safe, dearest. Who knew hula could be so dangerous?! :)

 
At 13 July, 2007 06:48, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

I've tried to come up with something that's any combination of witty, pithy, insightful or profound for this post, but the only thing that keeps springing to mind is:

ewww.

yeharr

 
At 13 July, 2007 22:14, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

Christ. *wrinkling nose*

That's just plain unfortunate. I loathe bugs.

 
At 14 July, 2007 22:42, Blogger Sturdy Girl said...

By this time I would be convinced I had contracted Viral Menengitis, so you're handling this quite well.

 
At 15 July, 2007 10:50, Blogger Jon said...

Keep shacking that booty, Terry

 
At 15 July, 2007 16:38, Blogger SignGurl said...

Is Jon asking you to shack up? Heh!

The condition of the floor has me really bothered. Do you burn the socks when you are done?

 
At 15 July, 2007 23:12, Blogger Laura said...

aaahg! i have flea bites. I guess that sounds kind of like I have fleas. But it is summer. and the dogs do. They itch like a motherfucker! I feel yo' pain. yeah, i remember hula dancing, my feet were BLACK at the end of class.

 
At 16 July, 2007 15:24, Blogger cadbury_vw said...

i hate mosquitoes

a lot

i hate getting blood out of fabric

i feel your pain

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->