Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

SICK of being SICK!

And I'm sure you're sick of reading about it. So all I'll say about the matter today is that I was one of THOSE PEOPLE on the bus today. You know... the ones who make you recoil in fear and horror when they start hacking.

To all those who heard some bleary-eyed woman hacking in the back of the bus this morning: I'm so sorry. Truly.

So, last night, in an effort to take my mind off the fact that my apartment is filthy and I don't have the energy to clean it, I decided to try to make a couple of those dishes I watched Giada make on TV.

I made this, and also, dessert.

Here's a tip, from me to you: even if you have a good memory, and are certain you remembered everything you saw, LOOK UP THE RECIPE. Just do it. Trust me. If nothing else, you'll get to crow about your great memory.

Because if you don't, you'll do what I did, and forget some key ingredients... like the wine and the garlic and the chicken broth. I swear, I didn't see any broth or wine when SHE made that dish...but I was delirious, so I suppose it's a miracle I didn't leave anything else out. Like the pasta.

Even so, the dish came out pretty well, but I can see how those other things will make it soooo much better. As well as the proper amounts of sun-dried tomatoes and basil leaves.

Now the dessert? Oh. My. God. SOOOOOO good. So so so so so good.
Of course I got the dessert 100% right....

Anyone want to help me with my laundry this afternoon?

Anyone?

Bueller?

I'll make you some of that dessert...

9
At 07 March, 2006 16:08, Blogger DZER said...

mmm ... giada :)

and I'd offer to help you with laundry ... but I have 4 loads I need to get done after work ... bleah

 
At 07 March, 2006 16:28, Blogger Madame X said...

I get distracted by Giada'a fake tits most of the time but she does have some great recipes!

I did 5 loads of laundry today and in all that there was only 1 child's sock and 2 pairs of child's underwear...WTF?!?!?

 
At 07 March, 2006 17:33, Blogger JMai said...

I don't want to discuss laundry. At. All.

But anything with marscapone cheese is ok by me!

I hope you feel better!

 
At 07 March, 2006 19:53, Blogger terry said...

i love that we're bonding over our hatred of laundry...

c'mon, dz, what's a few more loads, once you're already doing five?

madame, where ARE your kids' undies??? that's a tad alarming...

jmai, isn't that the sad part of returning from a vacation? the giant pile of laundry you face? it's a clear sign that the fun. is. over.

 
At 08 March, 2006 05:02, Blogger Michelle said...

I have 1000 loads of laundry to do myself...sorry...gonna be too busy to help! hehe

 
At 08 March, 2006 09:31, Blogger cadbury_vw said...

so if people come and help you do your laundry, will you be wearing one of your famous laundry outfit(s)?

 
At 08 March, 2006 09:34, Blogger terry said...

chelle, as i said to dzer... what's a couple more loads, when you're already doing lots??

and cad, i'll wear whatever you want, if you come help with my laundry!

 
At 10 March, 2006 09:11, Blogger cadbury_vw said...

"cad, i'll wear whatever you want, if you come help with my laundry!

now there's an offer that is intriguingly open to interpretation ;-)

 
At 10 March, 2006 13:57, Blogger terry said...

cad: heh.
i would do a lot for the person who does my laundry....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->