Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Monday, March 06, 2006

Cheap vodka...


...is nasty.

Tastes bad, gives me a headache. Bleah. I can't believe I used to drink that crap in college.

So the party setup was a little different last night, and we decided we liked last year's theme and venue better. And they ran out of food pretty early this time, so that was surprising. But we had fun anyway, showing off our professionally made-up faces complete with false eyelashes (yes, there's still a bit of cold sore left, goddammit). That was fun.

Just like last year, it was pouring pouring pouring most of the night, so getting to the MAC store then to the Cheese's house and on to the party without completely losing my hairstyle (and false eyelashes) was an annoying challenge.

You should have heard the silence in the room when "Crash" won best picture.

5
At 06 March, 2006 12:00, Blogger Michelle said...

I must be completely out of it...cause I have never even heard of that movie!! Do I live under a fricking rock or something?? LOL I was, however, happy to see Reese Witherspoon win best actress :) She is so sweet!

I wanna see a pic of you all dolled up!!! False eyelashes and all!!! hehehe

 
At 06 March, 2006 15:00, Blogger DZER said...

hey ... Crash was a great movie ... ensemble cast that did great, especially Matt Dillon and Terrence Howard ...

and I think that best eyelashes of the night go to Steve Carell ... LOL

 
At 06 March, 2006 18:55, Blogger SignGurl said...

We DO need a visual of you all dolled up. I'm sure you were as beautiful as you always are.

Cheap vodka sucks ass. It really does kick you in the pants. I wonder why?

 
At 06 March, 2006 19:55, Blogger Jon said...

I have not heard one person say that Crash was not a great movie. I wanted to see it when it was in the theaters. Maybe they'll put it back out there, but I guess it is already on DVD.

Let's see the shit girl... come on

 
At 06 March, 2006 20:21, Blogger terry said...

sad to say, the only pic i have of us is a blurry cameraphone shot (was that redundant?) so no... there will be no appearance of the lashes here.

and i haven't seen "crash" myself, and i've heard good things about it (though i do have friends who think it was overrated)... but you have to remember that i was in a crowd that was pulling for "brokeback" in a big way (and i also know people who think that was overrated too, but i loved it.). lots of attendees were even clad in western wear, in honor of the film. so there was a lot of disappointment -- and surprise, since ang lee won.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->