Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Because the cold sore alone wasn't enough...

I'm sick. AGAIN. Third time since December. Although instead of the slow buildup, this one hit me overnight; I woke up yesterday coughing. And by last night, I was fully phlegmed.

Isn't phlegm a disgusting word?

Anyway, I guess I shouldn't be so surprised, as I can think of at least ten people I've been around (mostly at work) during the past two weeks who've been ill, so it was only a matter of time. Add that to a few nights without enough sleep (and I've had plenty of those), and VOILA! I'm back on the NyQuil.

It's just that I have lots of plans in the coming days. I don't have time for this. Fer chrissake.

p.s. what the hell smells like stinky feet in my apartment?? yes, i checked my feet. they don't stink. something stinks in here! help!!

9
At 02 March, 2006 11:08, Blogger Michelle said...

Oh man...I'm sorry you are sick...AGAIN!! Lots of people are getting hit 2, 3 times. That sucks. Knock on wood, I havne' got it again!!

I hope you get well SOON. Keep sucking back tht nyquil and get lots of rest!!

Sorrry...cant' help ya with the stinky problem!! hehe

 
At 02 March, 2006 14:13, Blogger Queen of Cheese said...

mmm nyquil

sorry, i must have licked your computer by mistake.

 
At 02 March, 2006 18:20, Blogger JMai said...

Ok WHAT is with all the sick people? It's like every blog I read tonight is all.... phlegmy ... and yes, that is a gross word... gross to hear, but even grosser to spell. Ew!

Although... at least you can still smell the stinky feet that aren't yours!

 
At 02 March, 2006 22:22, Blogger terry said...

maybe it's a whole new kind of computer virus?

hah. i keeel me.

 
At 03 March, 2006 02:01, Blogger DZER said...

go to the doctor; maybe he can hook you up with some top-notch cold-fighting drugs; you might have a lingering virus or infection that he/she can kill off.

also ... quit making out with all the freaks on the bus! heh

oh ... and get better soon!

 
At 03 March, 2006 09:08, Blogger Madame X said...

RE: Stinky feet!

My car smelled like stinky feet for weeks until my oldest found a bag of rotting lunch meat under the front seat. My suggestion is to check the refridgerator

 
At 03 March, 2006 11:48, Blogger terry said...

damn, dzer, no more making out with random bus people??
seriously, though...whenever i go to the doctor with one of these things (any doctor)...even when i've been sick for weeks... they do a little exam and then say, yes, you have an upper respiratory infection. and send me home with some lame-ass cough syrup. so i'm not sure there's anything much a doc can do for me right now, unless i have a lung coming up. and even then, they don't seem to think much of it.

and madame, that's hilarious! and disgusting! and what's even funnier is that i already checked the kitchen. and i don't really smell it today, so perhaps the stinky feet aroma was just a figment of my delirium. or something.

 
At 03 March, 2006 12:41, Blogger sassinak said...

terry: never underestimate the power of BO to stick around. someone dropped off a chair the other day and was in my apartment for FIVE minutes and it reeked ALL DAY!!!!

so gross...

 
At 03 March, 2006 18:21, Blogger terry said...

sass, that's BBO! right out of seinfeld!

eeeeeeeuw. hideous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->