Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Monday, February 20, 2006

Good times....*

I met this really great guy the other night.
He's really cute, with sandy brownish-blondish hair and blue eyes.
He's smart, funny, chatty, and very attentive.

I've even met his mother already.

She was in the spa chair next to me on Friday.

Did I mention that he's 3 1/2?

Yes, I am apparently a big hit with the pre-school set.

First, his fascination seemed to be focused on the water in the footbath of the spa chair, since it was blue. His favorite color, he told me.
Then he was entirely fascinated with my legs and feet. (A fetish in its early stages, perhaps??) He was "helping" the lady who did my pedicure, pretending to apply lotion (!!) and something else I couldn't quite understand, because when you're not the parent, it can be hard to decipher 3 1/2 year-old-ese.

Actually, I was kind of surprised that his mother didn't stop him from touching the strange lady in the chair next to hers, but hey, I'm not a parent. And he wasn't bothering me -- I was amused. And really glad that I'd shaved my legs the day before.

He then got his fingernails polished a pretty shade of blue (wonder if his dad's cool with that) and decided he wanted his toenails polished red, after seeing mine.

Alas, our time together came to an end, and I was left to come home to my cold apartment alone.

*heh heh

11
At 20 February, 2006 17:56, Blogger DZER said...

sometimes when I'm at restaurants, little kids will come up to me to stare at the giant man ... sometimes say hello ... sometimes just to pound my leg ... I guess I give off this "rough-housing" vibe with little kids ... LOL

and let's see the toesies!

 
At 20 February, 2006 18:40, Blogger I said...

Odd. I hope you date older guys than that.

 
At 20 February, 2006 21:29, Blogger Jon said...

Let's see those piggies for HNT Terry!

That was a great post, but quite frankly I was kind of excited to hear you met someone, then the let down.

I would have been a bit pissed if my kids came home with painted nails. Oh well. Hell, back when I had a dog (a poodle) I would get pissed with the groomer would put bows in his hair. He was a boy, and his name was Boris. Can you imagine the teasing he got from the other dogs?

 
At 20 February, 2006 21:46, Blogger terry said...

dzer, you have kids pounding on your leg?? that just seems wrong.

tombotts, you funny.

chrissie and jon, you know, i think this little guy was just loving all the female attention he was getting, and having his nails polished just added to that.
plus, it was his favorite color.

i don't know if his mom painted his toenails red that night, as he'd requested.

 
At 20 February, 2006 21:57, Blogger terry said...

oh, and, there will be no toe viewing on HNT.
i have no digital camera.
and i wouldn't subject you to my feet if i did.
not pretty. trust me.

 
At 21 February, 2006 03:44, Blogger Madame X said...

I am sorry but I would NEVER let my 3 1/2 year old touch a strangers legs!!!
Not that you don't have nice legs and all but come on!
First off how did this women know that you weren't a weirdo?
And then what if you were really annoyed by having a 3 1/2 year old bother you while having a pedicure?
The blue polish?
Who cares about that but the touching?
Weird!!!!
Just my 2 cents!
.
.
.
.
.
So, did you get his number?

 
At 21 February, 2006 05:58, Blogger Madame X said...

BTW my Mom's in SF visiting...say hi will ya?


LOL, I crack myself up!

 
At 21 February, 2006 08:20, Blogger terry said...

madame, those are all the very things that crossed my mind while this little guy was entertaining me. thank you for the parental perspective...!

and what's your mom doing here?

 
At 21 February, 2006 18:14, Blogger Madame X said...

My mom is visiting some friends they live some where that begins with an H near vineyards or something.

She needs to get her butt back here to buy me my cell phone!!!!

 
At 21 February, 2006 18:19, Blogger terry said...

Healdsburg, perhaps?

and why didn't she bring you along?? or would you rather she didn't...?

 
At 22 February, 2006 05:42, Blogger Madame X said...

Yeah! That's it!
I wasn't invited even though it was my birthday.
My parents are in a 'selfish phase'.
hehehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->