Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Brrrrrrrrrrr!

It's baaaaaaaack!

Winter, I mean. It's turned chilly again. And it was awfully windy last night, which made the windows in my apartment that don't latch properly rattle a lot. Between that and whatever bit my pinky around midnight, I had a restless night.

I stopped at See's Candies on my way home yesterday (there was parking right outside! it was meant to be!), to pick up some of those little foil-wrapped chocolate hearts I like to give to my co-workers (yeah, a day late, but who's gonna complain about late chocolate?), and I cracked up when I got inside the store and saw NOTHING but men shopping there. One was even buying an $80 box of candy. I was immediately envious of his Valentine.

Olympic notes, part II
  • Evgeni Plushenko: fancy footwork, or was that just a seizure on the ice? Sure looked like the latter to me...
  • Stephane Lambiel of Switzerland: OH. MY. Adorable.
  • Who's the guy who shouts at the American downhill skiers before their runs, to pump them up? He's hilarious. I want him to wake me up in the morning.
  • I just LOVE the attitude of the snowboarders. They all seem to be having so much fun, AND are rooting for their fellow countrymen. I may not understand what the hell the commentators are talking about, but I'm thoroughly enjoying watching the 'boarders on and off the half-pipe.

->