Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Friday, October 05, 2007

Okay, that was weird...

I've no idea what the hell was going on with Blogger and the Dashboard last night when I was trying to post, but it's back to normal now.

Just in time for this really fascinating post.

You know what sucks? Having free tickets to what sounds like a very cool wine and food event tomorrow and no friends available to join me.

Did I mention the free wine? Along with the wine that's free? And the freeness of the wine?

So I think I'm going to put on my brave face, and go solo. If I'm not enjoying it, I can always leave, right?

But if you're one of my friends who's available, call me! Hell, even if we've never met, and you're in the area...

This is one of the challenges of being single. I actually like doing many things solo -- just bought a ticket to see American Ballet Theatre in Berkeley next month, as a matter of fact -- but this is one of those things that's more fun with a friend.

EDITED TO ADD: So I went, and was pretty bored after about 45 minutes... especially since you could have called this thing Glutenfest, as most of the food was served on bread or crackers or was pasta. Understandable, as those are easy ways to serve crowds like this. But then I ran into a friend from work, and had loads of fun with her in and out of the VIP section. And then I engaged in some SUI... shopping under the influence. Not a bad day at all.

4
At 05 October, 2007 23:28, Blogger Pat & Reg said...

If I were in the area, I'd totally go with you. WE would be the center of attention and afterwards, we'd never want for dates again.

Wow, what an imagination huh?

 
At 06 October, 2007 08:11, Blogger terry said...

reg, i like the way you think!

c'mon, hop in your car and come on up!

 
At 07 October, 2007 10:11, Blogger Jon said...

SUI That was funny

 
At 08 October, 2007 07:58, Blogger lattégirl said...

Did I mention the free wine? Along with the wine that's free? And the freeness of the wine?

THIS made me laugh out loud!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->