Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Excessively random....

- I've been home for a week and a half now, and I still haven't unpacked everything. I have some gifts that are still sitting in my luggage, along with assorted items of my own that I haven't needed yet. Gee, why is my apartment so messy??

- Am I the only one with this problem? I don't sleep very well unless I'm in my own bed (and even then...). Consequently, I didn't get much sleep on my vacation. And since I've been home, I've been so busy I haven't slept nearly enough. Gaaah!

- It's really a shame that sunning is so bad for the skin, because I sure as hell look better with a tan than I do in my natural state of extreme pale pastiness.

- I am amused that the last full day of summer here is a stormy one. It's all gray and rainy and all I want to do is curl up under a blanket on my couch. (Notice I didn't say anything about unpacking...)

- My hormones are out of control. I really need to get... uh... yeah. Nevermind.



Here are a few more random shots of Hawaii, to distract you from the lameness of this post:


The beach at Kailua. Sigh...

Back in Waikiki. Ooh, sparkly!



The view from the patio at Duke's. It can be quite a scene there, but you can't argue with the view. Or the cocktails.

The view from the deck at the Marriott whateveritslongname is. Where we saw a woman who's legendary in Hawaiian musical circles: Aunty Genoa Keawe* (also where I had the mai tai in the pineapple). She's nearing 90, and still performs every week in Waikiki.

Let's see... should I unpack and clean house, or go back to bed? Hmmm....

*if you click on the "discography" link on that site, you can hear the song we've just learned in hula. and when i requested it at her show, they asked me to dance it. i declined. i didn't know it well enough to dance, solo, in front of strangers IN hawaii...! yeeek.

7
At 22 September, 2007 14:50, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

I just finished unpacking all the kids camp stuff and I dragged the lockers out of the corner of the dining room. They were last used the last week of August.

yeharr

 
At 22 September, 2007 15:30, Blogger Normal Pie said...

dance the dance!! i bet you know it well enough! t. dictionary's version of not knowing something prolly means she knows it (and dances it) better than 89% of class!!!

hi t! miss you. miss hula. in sacto this wknd w/daughter. why? long story. details later.

we, btw, vote for staying in bed. it's 3:30p and we still haven't left the room. great river view, decent room service, lazy mom & daughter, 2 beds & lots of pillows.. why leave?

kisses,
rc

 
At 22 September, 2007 16:32, Blogger SignGurl said...

You never need to unpack unless you need to use what is still packed. I know, that didn't really make sense. Doh!

I wish tanning was healthy for you too because I look more human with a tan as opposed to ghostly.

Your pictures are heavenly.

 
At 22 September, 2007 16:43, Blogger terry said...

pirate, thank you for that. i feel better!

re, if i'd had one more week in class before the trip, i'd have had it down pat. NOW i do. THEN i didn't. and didn't want to disrespect the dance...

hey, i miss you too!

signgurl,it made perfect sense! i'm tired of looking at my suitcases, tho...

but that still hasn't prompted any action on my part.

 
At 23 September, 2007 05:21, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

Yeesh..I'm like you, Terry. I hate unpacking after a trip, especially when I'm tired from the trip and even more exhausted from all of the stuff that's waited for my return. I sometimes wait WEEKS before unpacking.

I hope to hell that you SLEPT yesterday under the blankie rather than unpack.

I cleaned and organized enough for the two of us!

I ADORE the sparkly picture!

 
At 24 September, 2007 08:33, Blogger cadbury_vw said...

for the record

i got back from vacation on august 24th and there are still a few items left to be unpacked...

...been too busy either living or recovering from living

enjoy yourself

 
At 24 September, 2007 23:09, Blogger Laura said...

haha terry, the ONLY reason I unpack now the day i get back from being gone is because i live in a dorm room. I have no room for a suitcase to just sit there. Otherwise, i would never unpack.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->