Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Waaaaah...

No, that's not a Hawaiian word, but it should be. Translated, it would mean "I'm not ready to go back to reality."

I mean, I'm pretty lucky; my reality's pretty good. But still.... it ain't this....


I did manage to find a way to cushion the blow of the end of vacation a bit, though. There were several business class seats available on my flight home for a little more money, and I was the first at the podium to upgrade when given the chance. Best money I've ever spent. Of course, now I'm not sure how I can ever fly coach again after that experience, but that's a worry for another day.

Right now, I just want to look at that picture some more. And remember how I felt as I took it.

Aloha. Waaaah.

12
At 12 September, 2007 20:09, Blogger Michael B said...

welcome home!

 
At 13 September, 2007 08:34, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmm.. jealous again!

I am SO in need of a beach n umbrella drinks it isn't even close to funny.

 
At 13 September, 2007 14:29, Blogger SignGurl said...

Glad to see you made it back, even if it's with your heels dragging.

 
At 13 September, 2007 16:44, Blogger Natalia said...

I totally feel you. I still cannot believe I am no longer in London.

Hey, post pics!!! :)

-N

 
At 13 September, 2007 17:01, Blogger Jon said...

I am in need of this... But I think I would settle for being Chrissie's towel boy.

 
At 13 September, 2007 17:04, Blogger terry said...

thanks, shroom!

chrissie, i highly recommend it.

signgurl, everything's dragging...! sad.

nat, welcome back! yes, more pics will be coming...

what, jon, no one wants to be my towel boy?? jeez. no love...

 
At 13 September, 2007 19:46, Blogger JMai said...

Oh Terry, that's beautiful. I love vacation. But I've yet to fly business or first class. One of these days, maybe. But I fly so often, I'm afraid of just what you said... how do you go back to coach after that?

I miss you and your lovely little blog! Will be in LA at the end of the month... any suggestions?

 
At 13 September, 2007 20:31, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

Yikes! I just read the NY update and have to say that a hell blister just damn sucks. Glad you were able to drown yourself in gluten-free food, crazy-ass vodka, and Chinatown shopping!

And I must comment on your upgrade back from Hawaii:
I call coach "Cattle Call."

Rattle, rattle, here come the cattle.

I HATE coach. HATE IT.

 
At 13 September, 2007 20:55, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

Don't cry over what you've lost.
Smile about what you once had.

Or some bullshit like that.

yeharr

 
At 14 September, 2007 13:51, Blogger lattégirl said...

Beautiful picture.

I know vacations are hard to tear oneself away from. But we are lucky to get a vacation now and then.

 
At 15 September, 2007 17:51, Blogger sassinak said...

pirate if you're going to quote my quote of the second at least get it right!!

:)

it's:
don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
-- dr. seuss

 
At 18 September, 2007 10:16, Blogger masgblog said...

Hawaii...mmmm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->