Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Thursday, April 12, 2007

I know, I know...

I still owe you an explanation about the last post. That's coming, once I have some time.
I just wanted to share these pics with you (see how I'm always thinking of you?).
After all, it's not every day I get to go to Alcatraz for work.
Here, you see the lighthouse, what's left of the warden's house, and the building that was once used as barracks for troops. Alcatraz was a military fort, then a military prison, before it became a federal prison.Part of what's left of the warden's house.
The Bay Bridge. If you look closely, you can see the cruise ships that were in port today.
My city.
The Golden Gate.
Not a bad way to spend a few hours at work, eh?

10
At 13 April, 2007 05:07, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

Dayum! I want your job...just on those kinda days. On the real shitty ones, it's ALL YOURS!

 
At 13 April, 2007 05:18, Blogger Blondie said...

I went to Alcatraz once on one of my many trips to SF. I am fascinated by old abandoned buildings and such, so I loved it. I wanted to go inside more buildings, but they don't let the public go in those. Wah. Your pictures are fantastic!!

Thank you for thinking of me, personally, all the time. :)

 
At 13 April, 2007 07:21, Blogger Natalia said...

Ahhhh sourdough bread, claw chowder at the piers...lovely San Fran.

-N

 
At 13 April, 2007 07:38, Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

You got to go to work at ALCATRAZ?

Coooooool!

(what the heck do uyou do for a living?)

 
At 13 April, 2007 08:47, Blogger Michelle said...

Mannn.....lucky YOU!!! When I was in SF a few years ago, I so wanted to go there..but since I went in June and it was a kind of spur of the moment trip, I couldn't get reservations or some crap like that. Next time though :)

You have a great job! hehe Great pics!

 
At 13 April, 2007 10:04, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

at first glance, i thought the cruise ships were just some big buildings on the pier.

jeebus. they're floating condos, aren't they?

verification word: xbgcok. make of it what you will.

yeharr

 
At 13 April, 2007 10:36, Blogger terry said...

buddha girl, i don't get to take little trips like this often... but it sure was nice!

blondie, we even got to go to a couple of those off-limit spots. very cool. i think alcatraz is one of the coolest touristy spots here.

nat, one day, i'll show you the real SF, away from the wharf!

heidi, i got to spend a couple of hours there scouting a location for an upcoming work event. it was a great assignment.

chelle, the tours sell out year-round! it's amazing. but understandable. it really is an interesting tour.

pirate, you should see the way traffic practically stops when cars turn onto the street next to those piers. looks like new, giant buildings have sprouted up overnight!

my verification word: ohepb. not as much fun as yours.

 
At 13 April, 2007 21:10, Blogger Jon said...

I've been to SF about 5 times in my life, including when you and I went drinking :D I have yet to go to Alcatraz. Somehow I feel the boat trip out there would be the highlight.

 
At 13 April, 2007 23:28, Blogger Laura said...

San Francisco is gorgeous.
If it wasn't so close to home I would go to college there, but I feel like I should leave the bay area for school..I can't believe I have NEVER been to Alcatraz and live twenty minutes from there.

 
At 14 April, 2007 01:14, Blogger terry said...

jon, the boat trip is wonderful... but i'm serious when i say the tour of the island is one of the coolest ever. it's just fascinating.

and then there are the views.

LAURA! we so have to take you to alcatraz before you dash off to school. it's really fun.

and i understand your desire to go somewhere else for school. i think it's healthy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->