Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The problem with all this working out...

...is that I'm FUCKING STARVING.

Okay, not really. I have plenty to burn. But I can tell my metabolism's in a higher gear these days because when I start to feel hungry, I am ravenous. RAVENOUS, I tell you. (Like I am right now, but I just had a manicure and if I try to plate my Burmese take-out dinner too soon, I'll mess up my nails. I guess you can see where my priorities are...)

This is the first week in a looooong time during which I actually managed to work out five days out of seven. I took long, vigorous walks on three days. I went to a hula practice gathering on Sunday, and that turned into a full-fledged class when one of the guys who runs the halau (school) showed up to play the ipu heke for us (double gourd... it's used in a drum-esque fashion) and ended up running our little casual practice and drilled us into pools of sweat. Then the actual hula class last night.

Yay, me. I can actually feel the difference. My quads and glutes are getting a hell of a workout, but I was definitely spent by the end of class last night.

Which is my excuse for tripping over my own feet and falling on the stairs in my apartment building when I came home after class.*

At least I fell going UP and not down...but I have a lovely bruise on my thigh in the spot where I landed on my "Prada" purse.

Dooooooooooork.

But hey, there's some new Celery! Check it out!


*yes, i can hear you laughing, rebecca, laura, and angela...

18
At 27 March, 2007 21:10, Blogger Jon said...

Keep shaking that thing

 
At 28 March, 2007 05:21, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

Hey--you forgot me! I laughed too.

Landed on your purse? Does that make it a designer bruise?

yeharr

 
At 28 March, 2007 06:03, Blogger Blondie said...

Good for you! I will exercise vicariously through you. :)

PS: You really should read that On My Own book--it's totally empowering me.

 
At 28 March, 2007 09:07, Blogger April said...

oh, so can I use that excuse for hitting myself in the face with the door as I open it? Heh.

 
At 28 March, 2007 09:50, Blogger cadbury_vw said...

[tease]
and the reason you can't just dump it on the plate and eat it without hands...?
[/tease]

 
At 28 March, 2007 09:58, Blogger Pat & Reg said...

Ouch! I hate when I'm physically a dork. I usually am a dork in every other way all the time but bulling a Jerry Lewis out in public is always amusing. Yo go on with those hula lessons. It sounds like the pounds are melting away! I might have to check into that...

 
At 28 March, 2007 10:07, Blogger terry said...

jon, i will!

pirate, the gals i mentioned are notorious for finding it hilarious when people fall down. i didn't know you were one of them. us.

and since the purse is faux, the bruise is a designer knock-off too.

it's almost the same color as the bag!

blondie, i can't wait to find that book. i'm so intrigued.

april, absolutely! and i thought i was the only person who did that... though i usually bonk my head on kitchen cabinets.

cad, what do you think i am.... a bachelor??

reg, i was SO glad no one else was around to witness this particular fall. i've done enough falling in public....

 
At 28 March, 2007 10:43, Blogger Sturdy Girl said...

SEE??? Prada is not just for looking pretty anymore!

 
At 28 March, 2007 13:44, Blogger SignGurl said...

LMAO at Cad's comment. I'd like to see that too, Terry!

 
At 28 March, 2007 15:34, Blogger terry said...

love monkey, it definitely left an unpretty mark on me!

signgurl, don't encourage cadbury!

i should add that this particular dish comes separated, and you have to mix it. i ain't doing that OR eating noodles with no utensils!

 
At 28 March, 2007 16:39, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

Like you, Terry, I'd choose hunger over ruining my nails. I say you tap Jon as your new food provider.

You get to let your nails dry to a beautiful, mar-less sheen while he feeds you your noodles. Genius, no?

(PS - we have cameras at my school. My principal saved a shot of a teacher who fell down the stairs TWICE within seconds. I laughed until I cried when she showed me the footage!)

 
At 28 March, 2007 18:07, Blogger Queen of Cheese said...

i would not have laughed if I saw you fall down. I would have asked if you are okay and gotten you a band aid.

But then i am only an honorary corral.

:o)!!!!!

 
At 28 March, 2007 19:07, Blogger JMai said...

Oh Terry, you mean your "Proda" purse? Hehe... did you buy that on Canal during your last visit to my fine city? Or my formerly fine city? Or the fine city where I formerly lived? Etc.

Working out makes you hungry, for sure. The good news, I think, is that it makes you want to eat better things. I mean, there will ALWAYS be the occasional cheez doodle yen, but I feel I always eat more healthily when I am exercising.

Also? Nothing matters when you're waiting for your nails to dry.

 
At 28 March, 2007 19:32, Blogger terry said...

buddha girl, that's an EXCELLENT idea! jon? your thoughts?

cheese, THAT is why you are the QUEEN of cheese.

jmai, it really says "prada!" although the guy who sold it to me kept calling it "plada." (note: that in no way is meant to be a slur of any kind. he really said plada.) and yes, it's a canal street special!

and you're right about the food - i don't want to eat as much or anything particularly crappy. i just want to eat NOW.

 
At 28 March, 2007 20:41, Blogger Laura said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oooh how i am laughing, hiiilarious! oh my god, if i could see that i bet i would feel 10x better. yeah, I remember when I was working out pretty regularly, I was so hungry. Every day I guzzled water and wanted to eat EVERYTHING. I remember during that time I ate a bowl of cereal, but was still hungry. I ended up eating two more bowls. TWO MORE.

 
At 29 March, 2007 03:48, Blogger The Savage said...

I wish I had an itellegent comment but instead....
As long as you aren't having cravings for doritos and peanut butter you should be fine.... 'cuz if'ns ya do it means either one of two things... You are:
:a) Stoned
:b) Preggers

 
At 29 March, 2007 09:24, Blogger Natalia said...

My sister was at work. She opened a drawer. Turned around to take a call. When she hung up, she turned and started to walk and tripped over the drawer. She is all black and blue. It was funny in a dorky way.

-N

 
At 29 March, 2007 10:13, Blogger terry said...

laura, i KNEW you'd laugh...!

and at least it was just cereal and not a bag of chips. or a bucket of chocolate.

savage....
a: has never happened
b: can't possibly be, considering the dry spell...

nat, that IS funny. and OWWWWWW.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->