Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Most random...

How did it get to be Sunday night again already? Where do the weekends go? And equally as important -- what on earth had me so busy last week? Isn't it odd when you're going going going and at the end of it all, you don't really have much to say about all of it?

Here, then, are some random snippets from my brain.


  • I did, indeed, get to meet Jon this week, while he was in the area on business. Yay! After I managed to get him slightly lost (he got himself a little more lost after that) with my overly-elaborate-yet-a-tad-unclear directions to one of my favorite bars, we had Sidecars and Indian food and then more cocktails and lots of laughs. I was having so much fun I didn't realize how late it was until I got home. Oopsie. At least I didn't get him lost on his way back to BART, since I walked with him over there.

  • I was back at my alma mater this week to speak to some students who aspire to work in my field...and boy, did I feel old when I realized that in May, it will have been 20 years since I graduated from college. TWENTY. Since COLLEGE. Oh. My. GOD. And there's been enough new construction on campus in those two decades (!!) that I didn't recognize much about the area I was in. Wild, especially since I lived on that campus for four semesters. It was also interesting to hear these idealistic students talk about my industry. Ahh, yes... I remember thinking that way too...

  • If you should come across a documentary about men in hula on public television ("Na Kamalei: Men of Hula"), I highly recommend watching it. I went to a packed screening Friday night, and it was really great. It features the teacher who taught my teacher, so my halau (hula school) made up a large part of the audience. It made me want to bust my ass even more so I can try to come somewhere close to making it look as easy as the guys in the film do.

  • You know your hormones are wigging when you get teary-eyed at the end of an episode of MTV's "Made."

  • Behold the replacement for the clock from hell. This one has a very dimly-lit face, so I don't have the urge to bury it (or toss it out the window) just so I can sleep. It also allows me to set the alarm for Monday through Friday, so I don't have to remember to disable it for the weekends! What will they think of next? I can even wake up to my iPod, if I so choose.

  • Look at the size of this tag:

These are the washing instructions for a new sweater I bought this week. And it's the longest fucking tag I've ever seen. It's even longer than my longest finger, and I have long fingers. All it says, really, is to hand wash the thing, inside out, to dry it flat, and iron it inside out. In three languages. It's ridiculous. And now it's in the trash.

  • This is my new favorite website. It is NOT SAFE FOR WORK. I can't emphasize that enough. Don't even think about it. But it is soooo funny, I find myself shying away from drinking anything while perusing the latest postings. Otherwise, I'd be spitting all over my monitor.

  • I think I'm going back to the laundry service that comes to me. Taking my stuff over to the nearest wash-and-fold joint didn't really save me much money, since they charge more per pound. Might as well make this as convenient as possible...

  • I'm still not used to the time change. I keep thinking it's earlier than it is, and that's only going to get me in trouble in managing my time...and getting to bed when I should.

Random enough for ya?

14
At 18 March, 2007 19:55, Blogger JMai said...

You're such a good hostess, walking everyone back to the BART station after you've given us a taste of San Francisco goodness.

I think I just got my toes done in the same colour as your nails. If I remember correctly, it's an OPI shade called Whodoo Voodoo. At least it was voodoo something. My nails are too short for a pink that deep.

 
At 18 March, 2007 20:11, Blogger terry said...

jmai, it's just the polite thing to do, especially after getting people lost and then getting them tipsy.

my nail polish is actually from MAC -- it's lady minx. (sounds so naughty.) and it's supposed to be chic to put a dark color on short nails.

 
At 18 March, 2007 20:22, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

I was gonna start a blog about multilanguaged sweater tags and now you've ruined my idea.

happy now?

yeharr

 
At 18 March, 2007 20:42, Blogger terry said...

oh, pirate... i'm so sorry. i didn't mean to steal your thunder.

if you'd like, i could go do some more shopping to see if i can find more...

 
At 19 March, 2007 07:32, Blogger Michelle said...

OMG I just went to your new favorite website!! LMAO That is so funny...and now I know why you didnt' want to be drinking anything while looking! I was laughing my butt off!! lol

 
At 19 March, 2007 08:08, Blogger Natalia said...

I am so tempted to click on that link! And I can't be arsed with clothes that are not easy to take care of.

-N

 
At 19 March, 2007 09:59, Blogger Foofa said...

I always forget to look at care instructions when i buy things and I should. I hate long tags. They aren't comfortable.

 
At 19 March, 2007 17:18, Blogger Jon said...

That was truely random... and I am glad I was part of your randomness (is that a word?)

 
At 19 March, 2007 18:06, Blogger terry said...

chelle, the pics are hilarious on their own... but the comments. omigod, the comments. BRILLIANT site.

nat, i hear ya on the high maintenance clothing. it's just that i really like this sweater...

natalie, i'm a big fan of tag removal. they're mostly just irritating. i've never seen one this long before.

jon, i prefer randomosity. ;)

 
At 19 March, 2007 18:25, Blogger The Savage said...

I wanna come out for a visit now....

 
At 19 March, 2007 18:38, Blogger terry said...

come out, come out! if the timing's right, we could get the queen of cheese to come out and play, too.

 
At 20 March, 2007 16:41, Blogger Pat & Reg said...

I so don't neede to go to the gym today! I just worked the hell outta my abs laughing my ass off at that website. OH MY GAWD!!!!!

 
At 20 March, 2007 19:19, Blogger terry said...

reg, isn't it AWESOME???

 
At 21 March, 2007 19:15, Blogger masgblog said...

the trash is the best place for most tags. I wrote a post about tags....and how much I detest them

out damn tags!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->