Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Of COURSE...

It's been a weird couple of days. Busy busy busy, with little to show for all that busy-ness. Had to go to a long meeting yesterday, which kept me from getting some things done. Woke up early today and couldn't get back to sleep, so I've been dragging all day.

But I got a couple of really great pieces of news late in the day, including a nod from a Very Important Person. Seems I've finally made a good impression on said VIP. And the other great piece of news pleased this person. Greatly*. So the day ended on a high note. Yay!

Then I get home and see that I had a small piece of spinach stuck in my teeth when I talked to said VIP.

Thanks a bunch**, universe...


*how many times can I use "great" in one post?
**just not a bunch of spinach, please.

24
At 07 March, 2007 18:55, Blogger JMai said...

Maybe you didn't say anything that would have made your lips reveal the offensive spinach.

 
At 07 March, 2007 18:57, Blogger terry said...

i'm pretty sure i did, jmai. i had a big smile on my face about the news i was passing on...

 
At 07 March, 2007 19:58, Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

Well I think that's awesome and now I am an even bigger fan of the Queen of Dorks!!

 
At 07 March, 2007 20:25, Blogger Michelle said...

Oh man!!!!! How embarrassing is that?? The spinach thing I mean. Ummm maybe he didn't notice???? :)

 
At 07 March, 2007 20:43, Blogger terry said...

heidi, you are too kind.

chelle, he might not have. but i was just mortified when i spotted it... ! jeez. can't i have a moment every once in awhile when i seem like an adult who has her shit together?

 
At 07 March, 2007 21:11, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

Well if you can impress the VIP with veggies in your grille, then you're doing well.

yeharr

 
At 07 March, 2007 21:15, Blogger terry said...

actually, pirate, the good impression was made before today. the spinach grille was the universe's way of fucking with me...

 
At 07 March, 2007 21:41, Blogger The Savage said...

Dontcha have a compact or somethign with a mirror in it to check to see if you have any leftovers on your teeth?

One should always be prepared ya know....

 
At 08 March, 2007 01:38, Blogger Sturdy Girl said...

Ok, but were you wearing anything else green? Because if the spinach matched let's say your purse, then everything's gonna be ok.

 
At 08 March, 2007 04:49, Blogger Natalia said...

Maybe what you said was good enough that the spinach didn't matter :)

Yaay for you.

-N

 
At 08 March, 2007 06:24, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

maybe the VIP was impressed that you're a healthy eater.

yeharr

 
At 08 March, 2007 07:38, Blogger What the Chuck said...

Hi T,

I'm with BP. Don't sweat it.

Considering the various other objects I've seen people permanently insert in their various labia (both above and below) a piece of spinach doesn't even disturb the embarrassometer.

XOXO

Chuck

 
At 08 March, 2007 08:19, Blogger Pat & Reg said...

Why oh why don't people tell each other when they have crap stuck to their teeth??? I do and whiel a few may find that crossing the line of decorum, most are grateful for my honesty! Damn the world of social etiquette!! I hope you had a great day anyway.

 
At 08 March, 2007 10:50, Blogger Foofa said...

At least spinach is delicious.

 
At 08 March, 2007 16:30, Blogger terry said...

savage, i do... but i don't really sit here checking out my teeth all that often.

and i usually brush my teeth after lunch, but i got so busy, i must have forgotten.

love monkey, sadly... no. i was wearing teal, but that doesn't quite work. dammit.

nat, i like that theory. i'm going with it!

pirate, i'm not sure anyone but me would have known that was spinach. it just looked like green crud. only i know i had a spinach salad...

chuck....nice use of the word labia here...!

in hawaiian, that's lehelehe. or lehulehu. now i can't remember. crap, i need to study...

reg, i always appreciate it when someone tells me something like that! nothing worse than walking around with your skirt tucked into your panties. for instance.

natalie, it was delicious, that's true!


and honestly, i'm more amused by this than disgusted. still...

 
At 08 March, 2007 18:23, Blogger Jon said...

That's what you get for eating so damn healthy.

I think it sucks that nobody would tell you.

 
At 09 March, 2007 05:11, Blogger Blondie said...

Oh man, that is sooo something that would happen to me. Good Lord.

 
At 09 March, 2007 07:28, Blogger April said...

oh, i've done that! there's such a feeling of embarrassment when you get home and see it...

 
At 09 March, 2007 09:49, Blogger cadbury_vw said...

if the VIP is the sort of person who wouldn't just remember the last time it happened to them...

well, then having impressed them in the first place won't last long.

if they are decent people - it won't matter

 
At 09 March, 2007 13:42, Blogger terry said...

jon, i don't eat so healhfully all the time... or even most of the time.

blondie, i think we've all been there!

april, i was horrified and amused at the same time.

cad, it's clear to all who know me that i am a dork, so there's no point in even trying to change anyone's perception.

 
At 10 March, 2007 02:02, Blogger DZER said...

great post about great news!!

 
At 10 March, 2007 05:39, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

Fucking spinach.

I bet VIP didn't notice anything at all. It would be just like the fucking universe to make you worry about nothing. Here's to invisible spinach!

 
At 10 March, 2007 05:42, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

I waited until AFTER I commented to read the OTHER comments, and now I have to comment AGAIN.

You were speaking of ME when you talked about having your skirt tucked into your panties. I had my skirt in my fucking pantyhose at a HUGE conference. No one told me. Fifty million chicks in the bathroom, and every one of them let me walk OUT with my ass showing.

 
At 10 March, 2007 09:44, Blogger terry said...

oh, great dzer, it's so great to see you!

buddha girl, i would TOTALLY tell you if youe skirt was all akimbo. i can't BELIEVE no one else did...!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->