Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Freezing my chi chis off!

I know. Those of you have real weather all winter long are going to want to smack me for saying this... but CRIPES it's cold!

Last night, we had an onslaught of marble-sized hail. I've never seen hail that size here. I thought it was going to break all my windows. It did set off a bunch of car alarms in the 'hood. Then we had some thunder and lightning. Ooh, fun!

And now, I'm sitting here with a cold nose and hands. The radiator just doesn't do it when the wind gets going out there...




  • And now, a few more random photos.
I have no idea why this guy decided to sit on our laps.
I neglected to mention that we ran into the lovely Sterling and her mama at the Oscar 'do. As you might imagine, Sterling's chi chis were also getting a lot of attention.
  • I also neglected to mention the harrowing cab ride home after the party. The driver chose the route with the most twists and turns, and drove as fast as possible, leaving us both ready to toss our cookies when we got to my place a mere 10 minutes later. Luckily, there was no actual tossing.

  • And on a completely unrelated note, behold the clock from hell.


You might recognize it from a recent episode of "Lost," when Desmond was having his... uh... flashback? He was time-traveling? Whatevs. He looked at a clock and it said (natch) 1:08. I can tell you that the "Lost" set decorators spent $12.99 at Target for this, as did I.
  • That's $12.99 too much. It's the most annoying clock EVER. Those numbers are so fucking bright, I feel like I have a nuclear power plant next to my bed. And that's on the dim setting. I can make shadow puppets if I want. And I don't. I just want to sleep. In the dark.
So I've turned the fucking thing away from me, to cut some of the glare, but that means I have no idea what time it is. Ever.

  • Maybe that's not such a bad thing, for someone who wakes often in the middle of the night. But I hate this fucking clock. I'm sending it to some deserted island soon.

Also? Look! New posts on Celery of Humanity! Go click on the link! You know you want to...

13
At 28 February, 2007 03:06, Blogger The Savage said...

You have such fun in San Fran.... Kansas sucks ass... I wanna move out there...

The clock..... Ummmmm forgive my MacGyverness but have you considered a pane of tinted glass? I mean prop the glass up against the clock.... or you could have someone mount the glass on a piece of wood or something... then contact everyone who has one of the clocks and sell them your clock tinting invention....

 
At 28 February, 2007 03:51, Blogger Sturdy Girl said...

a clock that keeps you awake! you'll never oversleep!

Yeah, you look like you're having way too much fun!!!

 
At 28 February, 2007 03:57, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

Yeah, you could MacGyver it...or you could buy another alarm clock. It's money well-spent to do so.

yeharr

 
At 28 February, 2007 07:08, Blogger Natalia said...

OMG... you guys look like you are having a blast. Thanks for sharing pics. And off I am to see the celery.

-N

 
At 28 February, 2007 07:28, Blogger CozyMama said...

great pics, cept that girl in the middle is about to show more than she wants. I keep seeing you all over blogland, so HI, here I am to check you out. have a great day.

 
At 28 February, 2007 07:30, Blogger Queen of Cheese said...

who is that dude? i don't remember that. hah hah hah hah hah hah hah ah eh yeah.

 
At 28 February, 2007 07:30, Blogger masgblog said...

Your party looked like fun. Sterling could probably get the best seat in a restaurant then (I wrote a post about just that).

YW re the linky link....your disorganization and reorganization really got me going.....yay you!

 
At 28 February, 2007 07:59, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

*singing* Terry's got a lap-dancer! Wooo hoo!|

You and Miss Cheese look so HOT in those pics. Work it! Own it! I'm sad I couldn't take a looksee at that goldern Oscar guy's hiney with her!

BTW, I used to have an alarm clock that was a freaking beacon as well! It's now been relegated to my HG's wood shop OUTSIDE!

 
At 28 February, 2007 11:19, Blogger terry said...

savage, we do manage to have fun. it's all about miss cheese, really. as for the clock, that's waaay too much work. that thing's gotta go!

love monkey, i don't WANT a clock that won't let me sleep! aaaaagh!

pirate, i'm with you! the clock's on its way out.

nat, it's always a good time with the cheese. heh.

hi jodes! i've seen you too! and i think sterling had some good double-stick tape happening, because the chi chis stayed covered.

cheese... hahahahahahahahahaha that's hilarious.

masg, no kidding! and i still have work to do at home. bleh.

bg, you're funny. thank you. and i look forward to tossing this fucking clock out.

 
At 28 February, 2007 11:19, Blogger Greg C said...

I am obviously on the wrong coast. It looks like the party is out there. I was there back a long time ago and did have a blast. Way too much to tell about that trip. I didn't think the outfit was too much. :) As far as that alarm clock, I want to trade. Mine has this habit of staying if you hit the wrong button. And at 4 am who can see the right button. If the light from mine is too bright, I just toss some item of clothing over it. That is a problem some nights though :) Great Blog.

Greg

 
At 28 February, 2007 13:10, Blogger terry said...

hi greg.... tell us more about your trip to sf!

and i'd be happy to trade this flippin' clock. i refuse to accomodate it any further.

 
At 28 February, 2007 19:34, Blogger Laura said...

you TOTALLY got whatevs from me!!!

 
At 02 March, 2007 05:38, Blogger Blondie said...

It's that bright because it has a magnetic pulse and will send you into time travel mode while you are sleeping. Something like that. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->