Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Thursday, March 29, 2007

But I'm caught up in a whirlwind...

I love random musical encounters.

I was out shopping last weekend when one of my favorite-yet-forgotten songs from the 80's came on the store's sound system. It was a good thing I was carrying an armload of clothes to try on, because that's the only thing that stopped me from dancing.

HOW could I have forgotten about The Style Council?? I used to blast this tune from my car stereo while driving between my three jobs when I was 20.




And then I remembered this song...




Oh man. This SONG. Makes me SWOON. Still. SO many memories surround this one, and they all came flooding back while I listened after I got home. Bittersweet, to be sure. I found myself getting all teary-eyed, but not entirely in a bad way. I don't think it's a bad thing to remember feeling such a deep love for someone.

Even though that someone would go on to tear my heart out and stomp all over it, but that was years later. And the song comes from that time in my life when love was lovely.

Both songs are now on my iPod. I love how modern technology can take me back to my past...

5
At 30 March, 2007 02:35, Blogger The Savage said...

80's music... awesome! 80's videos.. eh.. not so much....
As great as the 80's music is the majority of the videos sucked ass...

 
At 30 March, 2007 04:58, Blogger Michelle said...

*sigh* I remember the 80's!! So many good times. The music, for the most part, was awesome...and now much of that music brings back so many good (and some not so good) memories.

The weird thing is...now that I have kids and those kids are teenagers....THEY are listening to the music I used to listen to. Then when I sing along, they are like "YOU know this song?" Duh! LOL

 
At 30 March, 2007 09:52, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

...from that time in my life when love was lovely.

Great line.

My musical tastes a the time were a little different, but thanks for the memories.

yeharr

 
At 30 March, 2007 10:33, Blogger terry said...

yeah, savage, these videos really bite. but the songs...! oh, the songs.

chelle, i am always amazed at the way music can transport me in time.

funny about your kids...!

pirate, my musical tastes have always been all over the map, to be sure. but i will always love these songs.

 
At 31 March, 2007 13:51, Blogger Dr. Brainiac said...

Woohoo! Put that in your Wayback Machine and smoke it, Mr. Peabody! Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->