Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Monday, August 07, 2006

No time...

...or energy to say much right now... but I got a kick out of my horoscope for today:

You're at your best during a competition, especially when it's with yourself. You'll be astonished at how high you can fly when you push beyond your perceived limits. Friends provide support from the sidelines.

I'm definitely feeling that support.
Along with the exhaustion of taking in an overwhelming amount of information. Boy, do I have a lot to learn... !

7
At 07 August, 2006 19:36, Blogger SignGurl said...

I feel ya on not having energy to post.

I love the horoscope!

 
At 07 August, 2006 19:44, Blogger JMai said...

I felt very much that way when I took over this new position ... and I still feel it, every day. It's only been 5 weeks! I figure it'll take me more like 5 months to understand how they do things... it's hard when you come in at top level from the outside, without having all the foundation laid. I feel kinda like an impostor.

Glad you had a good first day -- sometimes those horoscopes are spot on! Enjoy your week, I'm sure it'll be a doozy.

 
At 08 August, 2006 08:08, Blogger DZER said...

how's the new job? super, I bet ... I know that you did faboo!

;)

 
At 08 August, 2006 13:01, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

*clapping wildly*

She made it through her first day!!!

 
At 08 August, 2006 14:46, Blogger sassinak said...

nice!

i like the horoscope

and as first days go that sounds pretty good.

just remember jmai and terry you're the boss for a reason, it's the underlings job to teach you procedure and then you can fuck with it :)

 
At 08 August, 2006 17:05, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

I think you'll have a great week. Busy as all get-out, probably, but great nonetheless.

What will make it spectacular would be to end it on a Sunday afternoon with a viewing of 'Big Trouble in Little China.'

Of course, that's just one Pirate's opinion.

Yeharr

 
At 08 August, 2006 22:04, Blogger Jon said...

I'm glad your first day, now days went well. Mine have been rough. I have taken on a nightmare. I won't spew out all the techno speak about what is wrong, but suffice it to say that I have plenty of job security... but the coronary may take me first.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->