Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Just call me...


...a Lady of Leisure.

Sometimes, I'm amazed by how lazy I can be. You'd think, with two weeks of unplanned vacation time suddenly on my hands, that I'd be doing more.

I mean, one day this week, my biggest task was to get a manicure. That's it. Oh, wait, I also went for a long walk. Okay, so that's two things.

Another day, all I did was drop off some hiring paperwork at my new place of employment. That took all of, oh, half an hour. Maybe 40 minutes.

I haven't even done laundry yet this week!

I was checking the movie listings the other day, thinking this would be a good time to catch some matinees... but there's not much out right now that I'm just dying to see.

And if I were a little more flush with cash, I think I'd be out playing more. Okay, shopping more...

Then again, I don't think it's such a bad thing to really take a break from the grind. I'll be back in it soon enough. And I've had some fun socializing opportunities.

Last night, my friend and regular theatre date Patti and I went to see "A Chorus Line, " which is heading back to Broadway for the first time in years, but is doing a pre-big time run here. It was great to see it again, and the performers were fabulous. We stopped in at the after-party, which was packed, and spotted Marvin Hamlisch! (He'd actually been sitting in front of our friend Rebecca during the show). And Francis Ford Coppola! How very 1970's the evening was.

Today, it was a lovely lunch in the East Bay with Angela and the adorable Luke, who didn't act like he minded much when we browsed through Restoration Hardware, the Crate and Barrel Outlet, Kiehl's, and the MAC store. Also, it's a good thing I'm still pinching pennies, or I'd have been in big trouble today. I've decided I want my entire apartment furnished by Restoration Hardware. *Sigh...

This weekend, I'm off to two parties, one of which is in my honor....so I expect to be a tad hungover on Sunday... when I go to a friend's birthday party!

See, I'm just resting up for all of that. Yeah. That's it.

12
At 03 August, 2006 20:10, Blogger sassinak said...

shut up and be lazy *grin*

it's what LEISURE time is for!

*huggs*

 
At 03 August, 2006 21:12, Blogger Jon said...

I've been the same way, except I've been like that for a month.

 
At 03 August, 2006 21:54, Blogger terry said...

sass, i think i have perfected the art of leisure...
i'm going to have to change the name of the blog to "sloth-o-rama."

jon, it all comes to an abrupt end in a few days for both of us... so enjoy those last few hours!

 
At 03 August, 2006 22:37, Blogger sassinak said...

party on garth *grin*

 
At 03 August, 2006 22:40, Blogger terry said...

party on, wayne!

excellent.

 
At 04 August, 2006 02:09, Blogger DZER said...

lord love a lady of leisure langorously lounging lazily ... heh

 
At 04 August, 2006 07:47, Blogger Michelle said...

There is nothing wrong with being a lady of leisure!! hehe Enjoy every minute of it because you know it will be short lived!! lol Have fun girl! :)

 
At 04 August, 2006 10:30, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

Nothing wrong with:
*being slothful

*decorating everything in Restoration Hardware stuff

*spending scads of moolah at MAC (I hate you!)

*making the most strenuous thing you do in a day a mani or pedi

*going to parties and imbibing in a few drinkums

 
At 04 August, 2006 11:05, Blogger terry said...

dzer, love that alliteration!

chelle, i'm definitely enjoying being a sloth.

buddhagirl, i actually did NO spending at MAC yesterday. don't you admire my restraint? i so rarely exercise any.

and i won't this weekend, at those parties!

 
At 04 August, 2006 17:15, Blogger JMai said...

You deserve every bit of it. Enjoy your rest, your partying, and your freedom!

 
At 04 August, 2006 23:00, Blogger terry said...

thanks, jmai...! someone might have to surgically remove me from my couch...

 
At 05 August, 2006 12:28, Blogger Suze said...

Terry, that sounds like the ideal week, no commitments just do what you like.

I hope you have a great time at your parties, make sure you have plenty of paracetamol around. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->