Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The cure for what was ailing me...?


You know how I was convinced I had a sleeping disorder? Had trouble falling asleep, even when exhausted... then had trouble staying asleep for more than five hours? Even on my days off? Unless I was using over-the-counter sleep aids?

I haven't needed to use them in days.

That's right. I'm falling asleep shortly after going to bed, and sleeping for the better part of eight hours.

And several times in the past few days, I've just felt very much at peace. Like everything was as it should be, for the first time in... well, uh... a really, really long time.

Yeah, it helps that I'm on an unplanned vacation for several more days. And I don't kid myself that this new job is going to be a cakewalk. It won't be. I'm facing some big challenges on day one, especially since I'm coming in as an outsider from the "competition." I know that my every move will be closely watched, until my new co-workers get to know me.

But everything feels different. One of the major stressors in my life -- money -- won't be as much of an issue anymore. That's huge.

I'll be interested to see how long this feeling lasts. For now, I'm going with it!

(yes, that is an actual artist's rendering of me sleeping peacefully. see the smile? and yes, i know i can't draw....but i cracked myself up with this one.)

14
At 01 August, 2006 20:49, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

Sleep well, oh great artist! I'm so glad you're enjoying some well-deserved relaxation.

Can't wait to hear about your first day. I don't want the time off to pass too quickly...but I am SO excited for you!!!

 
At 01 August, 2006 21:07, Blogger sassinak said...

you can buy new clothes in a month and recycle a lot this month :)

i'm glad you're sleeping dude, i think it's a good sign that stress was a major problem for a while...

hugs

 
At 01 August, 2006 22:33, Blogger terry said...

bg, it's so nice having this unstructured time off! i feel like i should be doing more...but then the feeling passes and i realize it's okay to slow down.

especially since that first day is likely to be completely overwhelming. there's even talk of some sort of little "reception"-type thing to introduce and welcome me. omigawd...!!

hey, i like your new profile pic!

sass, i look forward to more shopping...! i'm a clothes whore at heart. when i can find stuff that fits.

and i know you know all about the sleep trouble. it was kind of a shock when i realized i was sleeping like a normal person again. i can't remember the last time i did that.

another bonus? my crow's feet are much less apparent right now. i'm loving that.

 
At 02 August, 2006 03:18, Blogger sassinak said...

i'm a little jealous as i sit here with my eyes bleeding :)

 
At 02 August, 2006 07:22, Blogger Queen of Cheese said...

you look so cute and happy!

The only thing missing is a little kitty cat cudding with you.

 
At 02 August, 2006 09:20, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

Yo. Are they serving wine at this little welcome party? Do tell.

 
At 02 August, 2006 10:04, Blogger terry said...

sass, i'm sending some special sleep vibes your way...

lil sis, it's really amazing to get several full nights of sleep. it inspired me to creat that ridiculous drawing.... !

cheese, you're funny.

bg, i doubt that there will be wine, since this will apparently be a dayside thingy at the office... but i don't really know. i was just so shocked at the suggestion.

but believe me, there will be many adult beverages in my future! there's a party on saturday night to really send me off to my new adventure...

 
At 02 August, 2006 10:53, Blogger Natalia said...

I go on holiday in 3 weeks. I can't wait. I plan to rest A LOT. I want to sleep in every day. I think it will restore me.

-N

 
At 02 August, 2006 14:22, Blogger Shannon Morgan said...

Love the bangs in your drawing - hee. Congrats on the sleep and peace.

 
At 02 August, 2006 15:56, Blogger JMai said...

I love that drawing. That is one happysleepy Terry!

 
At 02 August, 2006 17:22, Blogger Jon said...

Good sleep, and it's not being preceded by exhausting sex? Good for you... except for the not being preceded part.

I don't think they're going to have a reception for me.

 
At 02 August, 2006 19:05, Blogger Michael B said...

LOVE the picture!!!

 
At 03 August, 2006 04:03, Blogger DZER said...

I will pay $1 and a Guam shot glass for the original image! LOL

way to sleep!

 
At 03 August, 2006 18:41, Blogger terry said...

nat, sleeping in is soooo fabulous. i hope you get to do a lot of that on your vacation.

nomadshan, i'm so pleased you spotted that important artistic detail! i was trying to really capture the look...

jmai, doesn't it look like a 4-year old drew that?

jon, i doubt there'll be any "preceding" anytime soon. damn...

michael, really? i'm available for more really great illustrations.

dzer, a guam shot glass?? i want one!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->