Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Zip, zip zippy....

Zap zap zappy...
H-a-p-p-y, we're happy!*

Stole this from Dzer, who makes an exellent point about the nature of happiness.

So here, in no particular order, are some of the little things that make me happy...

Chocolate

The sound of a cocktail shaker

Hearing a friend laugh

Unintentionally hearing a favorite song... especially when I'm stressed out at work, and go out into the hallway, and our sister station is playing something I love


Freshly-laundered sheets


A smile from a cute, random guy


The second kiss


Holding hands


Snow, particularly if I get to see it fall


Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert


A great meal


My mom's annual day-before-my-birthday phone message, describing how she was on her hands and knees, scrubbing the kitchen floor in 102 degree heat the day before I was born


Amusement parks


Dancing


Pulling my Entertainment Weekly out of my mailbox on Fridays


Going to bed without setting my alarm


Browsing endlessly in a good bookstore, especially this one


Flowers


Wine country in the spring. Or the fall. Hell, winter's nice too...as long as there's no flooding


The ocean



What about you? What makes you happy?


*this one's for you, Gup!

4
At 04 February, 2006 14:13, Blogger Angela said...

makes me happy to make you laugh till you snort... that tanker has the vapors...

 
At 04 February, 2006 20:25, Blogger Queen of Cheese said...

A one pound box of Sees full of flavors I get to pick!! (toffees and coconuts)

baby peeps and animals.

 
At 05 February, 2006 03:20, Blogger DZER said...

nice list there darlin'!!

 
At 05 February, 2006 11:49, Blogger terry said...

ang: hahahahahahaha i'm still laughing about that. snortalicious!!

cheese, i can't believe you didn't mention... cheese! or does that just go without saying?

and dzer, thanks for the inspiration.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->