Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

The air conditioner's back on...

See that? That's our infamous fog, creeping back into my 'hood this evening. A welcome sight.
Today, anyway.... Here's the same spot, about 20 minutes later...

Our fog moves faaast! Foghorns are blaring... it's kinda cool to hear them from Chez Dorky.
And I can sleep tonight. Ahhhhhh...


(i promise... a more substantive post is coming. soon.)

11
At 09 May, 2007 04:10, Blogger Sturdy Girl said...

when are we going to get to see interior shots of chez dorky?

I live for that shit.

 
At 09 May, 2007 07:12, Blogger Natalia said...

Foghorns...nice thought.

-N

 
At 09 May, 2007 09:04, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

I LURVE pictures from your neck of the woods!

I read that you're heading back to my old stomping grounds. I simply MUST recommend that you catch a performance of Avenue Q. A dear friend of mine sang some of the songs, and I just KNOW you'd love it. It's hysterical stuff, sister!

 
At 09 May, 2007 09:48, Blogger cadbury_vw said...

love monkey - head back into the archives a bit - many pictures of "l' abode de dorke"

 
At 09 May, 2007 11:16, Blogger terry said...

love monkey, one day, i'll do the grand video tour. for shits and giggles.

nat, the foghorns are pretty cool. even when i'm sick of the fog, i still like that sound.

bg, i was thinking of avenue q, but the show's about to come here, so i think i'll do something else.

cad, good memory. i think those were mostly closet pics, tho...

 
At 09 May, 2007 18:23, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

Terry,
I listened to half of the soundtrack on the way home from work today because James threw me his CD. It's HYSTERICAL.

You may want to consider seeing it while dehydrated or perhaps wearing a mini-pad of sorts. *snort*

 
At 09 May, 2007 19:29, Blogger The Savage said...

It's been bugging me for some time now... if tin whistles are made of tin what are foghorns made of?

 
At 09 May, 2007 20:02, Blogger Jon said...

Does that mean it's going to get hotter that hell here now?

 
At 10 May, 2007 22:18, Blogger Laura said...

oh, i love the comparison shots!
I also love the sound of foghorns.
God i love the city.
I would go to school there, but it just feels too close to home. I love your hood' by the way. I am not really sure why...probably b/c that is where my favorite mani/pedi place is! I might go there for my mani/pedi for prom again this year!

 
At 11 May, 2007 04:25, Blogger Blondie said...

Fog horns are real? I thought that was just an urban legend. Interesting...

 
At 11 May, 2007 12:29, Blogger terry said...

buddha girl, are you suggesting i might need depends to see this show?? eek!

savage, they're made of fog, of course! silly.

jon, yes. enjoy! hah.

laura, you should let me know when you're going. if we plan it properly (on a saturday, for lee doesn't work on fridays anymore) maybe we'll have time for coffee or a snack.

blondie, they're real! there's a loud one on the golden gate bridge, which is the one i hear most often.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->