Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Monday, December 19, 2005

No day but today....

I am a Rent-head.
I've seen the show seven times -- here, though... not on Broadway. I think my mom and I even bought the cast album at intermission, the first time we saw it. That's how much we loved it.
I listen to the cast album a lot, and even THAT chokes me up. Certain songs, certain lyrics get me EVERY time.

So it was with much trepidation that my friend and fellow Rent-head Melissa and I went to see the movie last night, even though hearing even just a little of the music in the commercials on TV made my hair stand on end.
How can I say this politely?
We were not impressed.
Maybe I was too hung up noticing all the unnecessary plot and musical changes to properly get into it, but I was strangely unmoved by the film. And disappointed (although Jesse L. Martin got to me, at Angel's funeral).

Just makes me want to get on a plane and see it on stage again pronto.

Forget regret
or life is yours to miss

->