Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

It's the most wonderful time....


I've now cancelled out on three holiday events, because of this goddamned bronchitis which keeps.... hanging.... on.
I sound like a barking seal in the shower each morning. I'm sure I'm the most popular person in my apartment building these days.

My commutes home have become hellish. I'll spare you all the details about how Muni has altered its schedule "slightly," but suffice it to say they're sending fewer buses to my 'hood, so not only do I have to wait longer for a frigging bus, it's jam-packed. All. The. Way. Home. Takes FOREVER to get home now. Seriously. I'm guessing that people who live across the bay get home faster than I do... and I LIVE IN THE SAME CITY IN WHICH I WORK!

Oh, and when I did a little experiment this week involving a different bus line, I saw (and heard) a bird get run over by a car. And the poor thing didn't die right away.

I slipped on a wet spot on some very slippery tile downtown this morning and FELL. Landed with full force on my left knee. OW.
Then I encountered several piles of vomit as I continued on my chilly walk to work.

AAAAGH.

Things are looking up, though. I'm seeing the Barenaked Ladies tonight, and they always make me smile. And I get to sleep in tomorrow. And then, just one more day of work before my holiday vacation begins. Yaay!

Please pardon my holiday whine. But you're used to my whining by now, right?

2
At 16 December, 2005 23:16, Blogger Jon said...

I hope the concert was fun. I have yet to see them live, but I hear they are awesome in concert.

 
At 17 December, 2005 11:10, Blogger terry said...

j, they really are.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->