Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Friday, December 16, 2005

It's the most wonderful time, II

Is there any better feeling than leaving work on the Friday before a two-week vacation? Even if you're not going anywhere?
I think not. Ahhhhh.

Okay, those of you in colder climes will slap me for saying this, but JEEZ it's cold today. I don't think it got out of the 40's. And it's just windy enough for that chill to be a bitter one.
I know -- this is balmy compared to, say, Wisconsin...or Colorado (hi Jon!) but it's dang cold for California. Even for San Francisco.
I think my little weather pixie down there (on the right, below all the links) is on crack -- she keeps indicating rain, and we've had none for days.

Oh, and I think I'm a NyQuil Cough addict. Actually, it's the Walgreen's version I've been consuming in large quantities. I just bought my third bottle this evening. Should I be looking for a 12-step group??
And on that note, I'm in the process of trying to wean myself off of a prescription pain medication (klonopin) that I've been taking for... oh... seven years (!!)... for a repetitive stress injury. This is the stuff Steve Nicks has said was the hardest thing for her to kick while she was in rehab. GREAT. Though I know I don't take nearly as much as she did.

I figured now was as good a time as any to try weaning, since I'm already sick and taking lots of other fun things to help me sleep (like the aforementioned heavenly cough medicine), but I am just amazed at how sore my body feels today...! Lots of weird crampy, achy stuff going on. At first I thought it was because of that fall the other day... but now I think it's mostly my body getting used to less medicine. I just hope it doesn't get worse when I reduce the dosage even further....! I'm scared!

4
At 16 December, 2005 23:28, Blogger Jon said...

Hi Terry... Thanks for the shout out. You are sweet. Just so you know, it is 6 degrees outside here... yet I would love to come and warm you up.

I am glad you enjoys the BNL concert. I like them a lot. Not a huge fan, but that is one group on my "to see" list. Others on that list: Goo Goo Dolls, Collective Soul, Jet, Diana Krall, Train (for the 4th time)

 
At 17 December, 2005 11:09, Blogger terry said...

6 degrees...! brrr...! how are YOU staying warm?

and you know, i was never really a train fan...but i saw them live(with BNL!) at a special show on alcatraz a few years ago. they're really great live.

love diana krall. i need to get her christmas album.

 
At 17 December, 2005 14:37, Blogger Jon said...

So you should come to Train concerts with me, and I'll go to BNL with you... That or you could be my BNL ;)

It isn't too hard to stay warm when you can just crank up the thermostat, but I'd prefer a different way to keep warm. Got any ideas?

 
At 17 December, 2005 21:54, Blogger terry said...

it's a deal. and then we could think of ways to stay warm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->