Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Well, that was...fun?

God, I hate being such a cliche.

So, the guy has suddenly vanished. I've reached out a few times since I last heard from him (and everything seemed entirely fine) but the silence now is deafening. It's clear to me that I've been blown off.

I am, as you might expect, perplexed. And a little more sad than I expected. It's rare for me to meet a guy I like as much as I liked him, especially online. But I know it's better to find out now that it's not going to work out than later, when I'm in even deeper.

I know it's uncomfortable to end things in an honorable fashion, but just disappearing with no explanation is so much worse.

I give up.

Onward.

9
At 06 May, 2009 04:37, Blogger Princess Stupidhead said...

I hate to say this but I've heard a similar story from many of my women friends who do the online dating thing.

When my best friend's man was not treating her well, her son (then 14) said to her, "You know Mom, when guys like this get a woman like you they think they can easily find another woman like you and that's where they're wrong."

I think some men's egos become inflated by online dating (all that attention via email!!!) and they are slow to develop relationships because there are so many other "women like you" out there......

just sayin'.

 
At 06 May, 2009 05:33, Blogger Miss Awesome said...

I give up.

Onward.

That's the story of my life honey :P

 
At 06 May, 2009 06:52, Blogger Queen of Cheese said...

Out of the mouth of babes ... (Janine's friend's son).

Onward indeed.

Your strength is legendary, your kindness extraordinary and your grace overwhelming. Beauty AND brains ARE a deadly combination - and most can't handle it. Seriously, FTG.
xoxo

 
At 06 May, 2009 12:03, Blogger Lil'Sis said...

Sorry Terry, it sucks.
Onward is good, you rock sister, i love what the kid said to his mom above, how true!

 
At 06 May, 2009 20:52, Blogger Diva M. said...

So weird. But onward is right. This is soooooo very much his loss.

 
At 07 May, 2009 14:16, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

I love your positive attitude - looking forward is always best.

I'm your friend - I will look backwards for you and kick him in the shins when he stumbled across my path. I like you that much!

 
At 07 May, 2009 19:31, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

You would think that after a certain age this sort of childish bullshit would stop. Well, I'm almost 50, and I've still got the same issues as you have, and they're the same ones we had in the freakin' eighties.

Why can't everyone be as mature as we are?

Yeharr

 
At 11 May, 2009 07:17, Blogger Pat & Reg said...

So sorry to hear that this guy was just another typical jerk. You deserve better and you WILL find it. Have you tried meetup.com? It's not dating per se but you might meet some interesting people who may know someone to set you up with. It's a thought. I know you're busy with your own social life. Why can't we just go to the ManMart and pick the one we want and be done with it?? :)

 
At 15 May, 2009 06:42, Blogger Princess Stupidhead said...

I got your comment on my blog but I couldn't approve it. email me to find out why!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->