Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Sunday, April 05, 2009

I really, really, really like this guy...

I don't really have much to add at this point, as our last couple of dates have been on the brief side -- he's busy, I'm busy -- but it's all good. Really good.

I'm not sure if I mentioned he has kids; he has them every weekend. He's now talking about changing those arrangements so that he has some of his weekends free.

Note: I would never ask a father to give up time with his children -- kids come first, always , and I've told him how I feel about that -- but I have to admit it makes me smile to know that he's looking for ways to find more room in his life for me.

*Sigh.

9
At 06 April, 2009 04:00, Blogger Tamara said...

That's so nice of you to express how important it is to you that he keep his time w/ his kiddo's...but at the same time,he sounds like he would like a little more time alone with you.Awwww...how neat-o!
Ahhhh...the joys of a cool relationship...crap I think I forgot what that was like...LOL

 
At 06 April, 2009 07:53, Blogger Miss Awesome said...

Have you met the kids yet?

Exes can be terrible...I know, I am one.

 
At 07 April, 2009 20:48, Blogger Pat & Reg said...

I really hope this works out for you. I'm looking to you for inspiration and a good example! No pressure...

 
At 07 April, 2009 23:55, Blogger terry said...

thanks, tammi...! this is unfamiliar territory for me as well.

miss awesome, no, i haven't. don't expect to anytime soon -- i think that's a huge deal and they don't need to have any weirdness in their lives. and he tells me he and his ex get along really well, so that's good for everyone.

reg, thank you! i do too. me likey, but i am no one's example..!

 
At 08 April, 2009 18:11, Blogger cadbury_vw said...

good - a psycho ex is the last thing anyone needs...

i have no idea how any woman would ever date a dude with a psycho ex

----

i am very happy things are going well for you

do i need to round up a glow-in-the-dark tingler ring to send your way?

 
At 08 April, 2009 23:45, Blogger terry said...

cad, hah. if the guy's worth it... and clearly, smitten knows you are.

no toys needed. managing just fine -- oh MY -- without them.... ;)

 
At 12 April, 2009 03:46, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

*clapping wildly* This is just damn great news! I'm home for at least the next two weeks and will be checking back regularly for amazing updates. I'm also crossing my fingers about the ex. Let's hope she's a nice one.

And...HAVE you met the kids?

 
At 12 April, 2009 04:08, Blogger The Savage said...

Now that is made of awesome!

I'm glad I pimped that site.

 
At 12 April, 2009 20:15, Blogger terry said...

bg, no. i think that's a ways off, as we are still very much in the getting-to-know-each-other stage (that's the problem when two bus adults try to date). if i were a parent, i wouldn't be introducing my kids to everyone i date, and i will let him make the call on that.

savage, so am i!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->