Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Awkwaaaaaard...!

The scene: a drizzly evening, leaving a restaurant in SF with one of my hula sisters.

I hear someone call out my name from across the street.

I look over and see a woman and a young-ish man. Can't tell who they are, though the woman slightly resembles a co-worker, though the young-ish man isn't her (very hot) husband.

Hula sister and I cross the street, as her car is that direction anyway, and I'm trying to figure out who this is, as it's not my co-worker.

We make awkward small talk for a minute or two, while I try to figure out how I know this woman. Luckily, hula sister picks up on the fact that I don't know this woman's name, though when she says it while introducing herself to hula sister, it doesn't help me. Neither does the young-ish man's name, nor the fact that her daughter works nearby.

Who on earth was that?? And what is happening to my memory??

8
At 17 August, 2008 22:16, Blogger Jon said...

It happens to me too often... I am commiserating with you :(

 
At 18 August, 2008 03:11, Blogger The Savage said...

I flat out tell people I can't recall their names.... I do it so straight faced they feel bad instead of me :D.... then I blame the years of being such a boozehound and the few years of mary jane....

 
At 18 August, 2008 18:06, Blogger SignGurl said...

Hehe! I have that happen, but in reverse. No one knows who the hell I am anymore, including me.

 
At 23 August, 2008 13:03, Blogger Pat & Reg said...

It happens to me too. I frankly just admit that I don't remember because I've met some of those people more than once and it's more embarrassing to admit I don't remember them after pretending a few times before. Maybe she's had cosmetic surgery? Maybe she doesn't look anything like the person you once knew...

 
At 24 August, 2008 06:18, Blogger Anonymouse said...

lol... well you could always move 2200 miles from Cali! This would never happen here I bet! ;)

 
At 24 August, 2008 09:44, Blogger Blondie said...

Imagine moving back to your home town where everyone knows who you are because you were the only redhead to ever live here and you remember no one. Especially all of those old ladies from your parents' church who all look the same and remember you perfectly. Sigh.

 
At 29 August, 2008 10:09, Blogger Sally JPA said...

That is funny--and definitely awkward!

 
At 09 October, 2008 19:00, Blogger Queen of Cheese said...

that was me dude.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha j/k

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->