Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Just a couple of notes from a Dorky trip...

  • Pay attention to your mail. You might just end up with some kind of coupon you can use to park FOR FREE at the airport.
  • I just love Virgin America airlines. Especially since they offered me an upgrade to first class for $35 on my outbound trip. Just heavenly, especially for those passengers who may have been a little queasy and hungover as they got on the plane. Not that I know anyone like that...
  • Then again, it's so very, very hard to fly in coach again after you've been in first class. Sigh...
  • I am absolutely terrible at Guitar Hero. I could barely get through the first couple of verses of "Slow Ride," a song I know very well, before the game cut me off.
  • Also? Terrible at Wii bowling. And tennis. Jeez...
  • Do I get a pass because it was my first time on the Wii?
  • There's no point in packing sunscreen if you're not going to use it on the day you spend strolling along San Diego's Embarcadero in the sun.
  • There are few things that make you feel older than watching young people you've known all their lives get their high school diplomas. Except maybe sucking at Guitar Hero.
  • So happy it was coolish (by SD standards) all weekend. My sweating was minimal.
  • However, my sunburn -- which is almost in a perfect square on my chest -- is maximum.
  • Also, my nose. Just call me Rudolph.

4
At 17 June, 2008 08:29, Blogger sassinak said...

aw damn you

now the damn song is in my head

rudolph the red nosed reindeer ... reindeer

 
At 20 June, 2008 07:11, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

They should have Rudolph as one of the song selections on GH.

I shred on GH, by the way.

We play on our Wii.

Actually, I don't shred. But I'm okay.

I discovered that I'm actually better at it when I have had two beers.

Three beers and I'm worse.

Strange.

Happy birthday from someone who's one year shy of 50 (or will be on the 25th).

BTW--I've posted again.

yeharr

 
At 20 June, 2008 15:09, Blogger JMai said...

I was coerced into playing rock band or whatever (I guess that is Guitar Hero+ other instruments?) ... I played the drums, which my friend assured me is the easiest thing. We chose some old Weezer song...hip, hip something. I was terrible. I feel your pain.

Also, I was a little sunburnt last week. I feel your pain doubly.

Ooh, also ... my youngest cousin just graduated high school and my neice is about to have a baby. I feel your pain triply!!

Still, through all this pain I'm feeling pretty all right. Hope all is good with you!

 
At 02 July, 2008 23:28, Blogger cadbury_vw said...

glad you had a good trip

sorry about the guitar hero...

----

"Then again, it's so very, very hard to fly in coach again after you've been in first class."

i hear you

we got to fly to singapore upgraded to executive class (9.5 hours vancouver to tokyo and then 7 more hours to singapore)

on the way back we spent the whole time in economy in tiny asian people size seats - in the middle rows of a 747... [pain]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->