Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Saturday, August 09, 2008

I know, I know...

It's been two weeks since the big ho'ike, and I still haven't told you about it.

See, I don't have all the pictures back yet from my friends who were kind enough to play photographer that day.... and so far, in the shots my hula brothers and sisters have shared, I'm JUUUUST out of range.


We're all having trouble picking ourselves out of these pictures to begin with, because once we were properly adorned in our ferns for the kahiko (ancient) part of the program, we all looked alike. There were 120 of us, after all. So I've been looking for the people who were dancing around me as guideposts, as I was positioned near the tallest guys in the class. It's actually been hilarious.

So in this shot, below, you can see me! I swear! Look allllll the way to the right. Do you see someone's back, with the rest of her out of the shot? There I am! (Click to enlarge all pics)

  • Don't I look great?

And in this shot, as we were walking out to start the 'auana (modern) part of the program, I'm just to the right of the tallest guys. See me? There I am! You know, the woman who's obscured by everyone else.

You can see the flowers in my hair and part of my flabby arm as I tried to adjust my sleeve. Looking good!

Okay, so here's one where you can actually see me in my kahiko costume, as we were walking out in our lines to start the ho'ike: I'm allllll the way on the right. (The gorgeous man in blue? My amazing Kumu. The gorgeous African-American dancer? Is a TEENAGER. Stop having those thoughts about him.)

More to come, I promise.

7
At 10 August, 2008 06:24, Blogger The Savage said...

Nifty pics.
Kinda makes me feel like river dancing.
I assure that I am having no such thoughts about the young African American kid....

 
At 10 August, 2008 07:37, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

I am so jealous.
I hate that I live on the east coast and could not see this performance in person.

What an absolutely amazing experience.

Truly, Terry, thank you for sharing it with us each step of the way. And thank you for not quitting!

 
At 10 August, 2008 10:37, Blogger Miss Awesome said...

"The gorgeous African-American dancer? Is a TEENAGER."

With those words, you brought about the thoughts and dashed them at the same time. Nice.

 
At 10 August, 2008 12:31, Blogger terry said...

river dancing! savage, i'd love to see that.

bg, you're so sweet. it would have been fun to have you there.

big momma, seems like every spectator i talked to had those thoughts about him...! he's as gorgeous inside as out, truly.

 
At 14 August, 2008 06:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed, he looks gorgeous:)

And so DO YOU Ter!

WOOHOO, can't wait to see more pics, when i look at them all I think is "happy and harmony" seriously those are the two words i hear over and over in my head when i look at the pics. Congrats!

lots of love,
lil'sis

 
At 15 August, 2008 16:09, Blogger SignGurl said...

What beautiful pictures!! You are truly gorgeous, Terry. I don't care what you say, lol.!

 
At 24 August, 2008 06:31, Blogger Anonymouse said...

Teensager... but is he over 18? lol

Awesome pics! That is soo cool...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->