Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Saturday, March 08, 2008

"But what will you DO there?"

Two different people asked me that yesterday... and not in a "What are your plans?" way.

Because, you know, it's so hard to find things to do in New York City.

A few colleagues were baffled that I'd go someplace by myself if not to visit family. New York is a fabulous place to go solo, because there's so much to do. It's so easy to get lost in the whirlwind of it all. So much to see, to soak up.

"It's going to be cold, you know..."

I know. I KNOW. Am I a moron? I know it's still winter! I do cold better than hot. I'm not worried. It won't stop me from doing all that I want to do. (I'm just debating which coat to take: the cuter one or the warmer one. It's a battle of style over practicality.)

I'll get to see some shows, some friends new and old, and hopefully escape from the major stresses of the past few months. Luckily, I'm so exhausted I'll have no trouble hitting the hay at a decent hour, East Coast time, tomorrow night.

And I'm not going anywhere near a computer this week if I can help it, so it will be even quieter than usual around these parts.

See you soon!

8
At 09 March, 2008 11:28, Blogger SignGurl said...

Terry, I'm so jealous that you have it in you to go somewhere by yourself. I'm such a chicken even though I think I would love to do just what I want to do and not worry about other people.

Take the warmer coat. Trust me on this one.

Have a fantastic time!!

*waves like a crazy woman*

 
At 09 March, 2008 19:11, Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

have a tremendous week! NYC is better a little too cold than a little too warm, if only for the aroma...

yeharr

 
At 09 March, 2008 21:28, Blogger Queen of Cheese said...

i know what you'll be doing - buying me a red pashy scarf!!!
also you'll be shopping for a warmer coat because the cute one you ended up packing isn't warm enough. i'm projecting. but if this happens maybe your new warm coat will be the cutest of all!!

have fun :o)

 
At 09 March, 2008 21:32, Blogger sassinak said...

dude
bring the cuter coat IF it has room for TWO sweaters under it

otherwise the warmer one...

hell bring both!

(i like queen of cheese's plan best!)

have SO MUCH fun this trip will you miss? and maybe sometime we can split a room?

 
At 09 March, 2008 23:27, Blogger Laura said...

i think NY is the perfect kind of place to go by yourself! so much to do, and you don't have to worry about someone else keeping up with you or whatever. man, i am jealous. i wanna go so, so bad.

 
At 09 March, 2008 23:43, Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

If they have to ask, they'll never understand.

I am damn ass jealous. Have TOO MUCH fun, ok?

 
At 10 March, 2008 10:32, Blogger cadbury_vw said...

enjoy your trip

i envy your travel and your destination

look forward to reading your stories on return

 
At 11 March, 2008 18:56, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would give my left nut to go somewhere ALONE... ok so this might not be saying much since "my" left nut isnt attached to my own body *L* but still... I'd give it gladly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->