Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Pumpkin pie and cookies for breakfast...

....and leftover stuffing for dinner.

Don't you love the holidays? I think my body will go into shock next week when I have to return to my normal life.

So I took mom to the airport this morning, after an all-too-short visit (once a year isn't enough, really). We went wine-tasting, we had some fabulous meals out, had some cocktails at the world-famous Top of the Mark, did a lot of cooking, and filled her carry-on bag with leftovers. That's the deal, now; whoever travels gets to take a lot of leftovers home. And I have plenty to enjoy myself.

Last week, before mom's arrival, I thought it would be cool to see if I could create a gluten-free version of one of our family's traditional Christmas cookies. I'd forgotten that this recipe creates about 10,000 cookies that need to be frosted once they're cool. GOOD GOD. I was frosting these goddamned cookies until about 11pm one night. They weren't bad, but they weren't the same. Thank goodness the GF bread doesn't ruin the stuffing, because that is one of my favorite things about Christmas dinner!

And can someone explain this weather to me? It feels like the tropics here. It's been raining a lot for nearly ten days, but nearly all of these storms are coming from Hawaii (and they're dubbed "pineapple express" storms), so they're warm and sticky and I'm sick of them.

However. I don't go back to work until January 3rd, so I'm gonna stop with the whining (but not the wine-ing...)!

Hope you had a fabulous Christmas. I did.

3
At 27 December, 2005 23:37, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never commented on a blog, although I am a gal with lots of comments (probably why Terry and I have been friends for so long)...kind of scary! Yep, I'm waiting for the detox to begin because I can't keep going like this, just grazing on every edible item in my kitchen.

And, definately NOT OK with the muggy wet weather!!! It can be clear, or rainy, with a little cold, but this is not OK. Where does one file the complaint??

 
At 28 December, 2005 00:07, Blogger terry said...

cyn, i'm so tickled that i'm your first.


wait. that came out wrong.
the humidity is affecting my brain...!! (but not the adult beverages i've been enjoying.)

 
At 29 December, 2005 00:52, Blogger Jon said...

Cyn lost her cherry with you Terry. That is awesome. I would be proud.

Christmas was fabulous. I am glad your was too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

->