Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Serenity now!


You ever have those moments when everything seems right with the world? I have them at the oddest times.
Case in point: Friday night, SBC Park. Hearing that man's voice, over that soaring music ("Bartender" was the tune in question), I just felt completely contented and entirely IN the moment. I can't quite explain why, but I'm grateful to have those moments.

But a moment to rant: why would you spend $60 to go someplace to spend all night talking on your cell phone, talking loudly with the people around you, running back and forth from the bar, and never really watching what's happening in front of you? Isn't it cheaper (and less annoying to the obsessive fans around you) to do that in a bar? Or at home?? Why, I ask you, WHY?? This was last night, when the crowd was much LESS cool.

Two great nights. I'm just saying.

->