Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Friday, August 05, 2005

Yaaaaaaaay, Friday!


I really need to join the rest of the world and get a camera phone. As I was walking to the bus stop after work yesterday, I saw a couple of hens running around that little open space area that's next to Embarcadero Three. No, really. I did. I have no idea what they were doing there, and I saw no human minders. They were just running amok! What the hell??

Anyway, things are looking up in my little corner of the world. When I get home today, I will have a freshly-painted bathroom and bedroom (not to mention a gargantuan clean-up job on my hands). They're even planning to paint the crown molding in the bedroom with a contrasting color! Oooh, fancy!
I also got some insight into why there's so much white debris crushed into my hardwood floors, as I finally met one of the workmen yesterday and watched him "clean up." Let's just say... it was a lot like watching my ex-husband attempt to clean house -- half-assed. But I appreciate the effort. By the workmen, not my ex.

And what's even more exciting is that I'm expecting a visit from my dear longtime (notice I'm not saying old) friend Kimmy (aka Bobo) this weekend! She's one of the funniest people on the planet, and I long ago forgave her for getting ME into trouble in English class when SHE was the one who was actually talking. Never mind that it was almost always me who was talking in that class. Or any other class. Our teacher was a bit neurotic about noise, so I wonder what made her decide that teaching high school was a good career for her. She was my teacher for a couple of classes during my high school years, and in each one, she ended up moving me to other seats, away from my friends, in a misguided attempt to shut me up... but what she never seemed to understand is that I would talk to whomever was seated around me, and make NEW friends -- like Kimmy, my friend Sherri (about whom you'll be hearing more next week), and the aforementioned ex. (Hey, can I blame HER for that??)
At any rate, there's much fun in my future! Hope there's fun in yours as well. Happy Friday!

->