Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Friday, August 12, 2005

One sweet world...


I have an exciting weekend ahead.
I'll be spending the next two evenings with a very special man who makes me laugh, sing, and dance.
This goes on for hours, and I am always spent by the end of the evening.
Actually, there are five men involved.
And many spectators.
I am, of course, talking about the Dave Matthews Band.
My friend Sherri and are will be seeing them tonight and tomorrow... and this time, we're taking her 13-year old daughter, which is really cute. I think it's adorable that she wanted to come with us, because it won't be long before she's too cool to hang out with her mom and her friend, the overgrown adolescent.
It also makes me feel very, very old...as Anais is just a few years younger than I was when I met her mom!
I think Sherri and I really bonded when people kept thinking we were the same person... even though we don't look at all alike. Okay, so we're both tall and have dark brown hair, but that's about it. I guess that was so rare in our school that people thought it couldn't be possible for TWO people at Mt. Carmel to look like that.
Oh, yeah... I guess it didn't help that we both had those rainbow shirts and red painter's paints that were so popular in the 'burbs of San Diego in the early 80's. I think we even wore them at the same time. Once. Or twice. Accidentally. Really. I stopped intentionally dressing like my friends in the 8th grade. (Remember those conversations? "I'll wear a dress tomorrow if you do..." What was THAT about??)
We don't dress alike anymore. And Sherri's daughter would probably laugh her ass off if she'd seen us dressed alike then.

->