Dork-o-Rama: The Random Thoughts of a Total Goofball

Embracing the Dork Side....Because Life is Too Short to Take Yourself Too Seriously

Monday, August 08, 2005

@*&#!*! Monday!


What a rude return to the work week.
My bus didn't show up this morning, meaning the one that arrived ten minutes later was crowded...then it DIED on Nob Hill. It just up and died, and the driver couldn't even open the doors for a few minutes to let us all out. Yeah, that was fun. So I had to find a cab, because there was no way the busses would be running on the 1-California line any time soon with a dead one stuck in the middle of a narrow street. I practically had to strong-arm some dude who tried to get into the taxi I'd hailed. Nice.
Needless to say, I'm really happy I paid ten bucks to get to work today.

But that doesn't take away from the fun weekend I had, hanging out with Kimmy, having dinner with some friends of hers on Saturday night, then cocktailing at Dalva with a work pal of mine (Happy Birthday, Joe!). Yesterday, we checked out Kim's friend's jewelry show at this very cool combo coffeehouse/gallery space, then went over to Haight Street -- something I haven't done in years. Despite the foggy chill in the air, it was great fun.

A prediction: expect to see lots of stars-and-stripes pants at Burning Man this year, as they were all over Haight Street.

->